Chapter 11

I awoke the following morning feeling very hazy. I was confused that my alarm didn't go off, and then I remembered that I slept at Craig's place last night.

I was laying alone on his couch with the blanket he used last night covering me, along with a pillow he must've brought for me when I fell asleep.

I sat up and tiredly rubbed my eyes, glancing over at the clock. Luckily, I had woken up around the time I usually wake up for Pax. I stood up from the couch and stretched.

I should go home so I can change clothes and get ready for work.

I looked around the living room and kitchen to see if Craig was there, but he wasn't. I figured he must still be asleep. I really needed to leave, but I didn't want to leave without saying thank you and goodbye to Craig.

"I guess I could text him," I whispered to myself. I turned and began to walk to the door.

"Hey, leaving so soon?" Craig asked from behind me. I turned around and smiled at him.

"Sorry. I was going to say thanks and good bye but I didn't know if you were awake. I need to head home and get ready for work," I said and took a step closer to Craig. He looked a little sad when I said I needed to leave, but he replaced his sad face with a smile.

"Before you go, why don't we go to the cafe?" Craig suggested, and I immediately liked his idea.

"Sure, I would love to," I replied with a grin.

"I'm going to go change, then we can head out," Craig said before turning around to go back to his room.

~

We arrived at the cafe and ordered our drinks. Craig paid and we sat down beside each other.

"Geez, I always feel bad when you pay," I muttered.

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind at all. Besides, I want to convey to you how much I care about you," he looked me in the eyes and I could feel my face heat up.

"Thank you, that's so sweet of you," I spoke before I sipped my drink, mostly to hide my red face.

"Anyways, tonight we should be able to hang out with everyone else. You'll be joining us, right?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah. I had a lot of fun last time so I'll definitely join," I replied. He seemed happy to hear I would come along.

"Great," he said, his eyes sparkling.

"So Craig, how long have you been doing YouTube?" I asked curiously, secretly knowing the answer but trying to not look creepy.

"Since I was a teenager. I've been doing YouTube for a while," he said while looking up, seeming to be reminiscing.

"Is it fun?" I asked. He paused, seeming to have a mixed reply.

"At times. It's an amazing job, and I couldn't ask for a better job, but sometimes the people can make it difficult. Not my fans, they're perfectly fine," he let out a chuckle and sipped his coffee. I also drank my drink, and Craig immediately asked another question.

"Have you seen any of my videos?" he asked. I paused, not sure whether or not I should tell him I am a fan of his or not. I decided to act casual.

"I watched a few after Pax on Friday, I think," I answered. I wasn't lying, I did watch some of his videos. I just didn't include the other videos I've seen before meeting him.

There was another long pause where we sipped our drinks once more. I set my drink back down on the coffee table in front of us. Craig was quiet, and he seemed like he had a rather important question but had difficulty asking. He seemed to have a defeated look, as if he gave up on what he was about to say.

"I know I haven't known you for too long, but you seem like a great person," he picked up his drink again.

"Your boyfriend is a really lucky dude," he muttered before he drank his coffee. I was surprised he brought something like that up, and I chuckled a bit.

"I'm single," I looked over at him to try and read his expression. He looked overjoyed for a second, but replaced it with a kind grin.

"I-I'm glad I'm not the only one. It seems like everyone I know has a partner," he laughed, and I laughed as well. 

"Yeah, I know that feeling," I giggled and sighed. I looked down and realized I had finished my drink. I also glanced over at the time, and it was thirty minutes before I had to be at Pax.

"I really need to head home," I spoke, feeling guilty for leaving Craig to his lonesome.

"Do you need a ride?" he asked, standing up as well. I felt like I was bothering him and I didn't want him to constantly feel like he should pay for me and go out of his way to do things for me.

"No, it's okay. I can walk. I don't live too far from here," I said and turned to leave. I felt his hand grab mine, preventing me from walking away.

"Please," he pleaded, looking like he was sad. I felt guilty looking into his downcast eyes.

"Alright," I sighed. He immediately replaced his sad face with a happy smile. I don't know if he was just really excited or something, but he quickly pulled me into an embrace. I could feel myself blush as his warmth surrounded me.