Chapter 3

The week passed slowly as I happily awaited Thursday. It eventually arrived, and I rushed over to the convention center earlier than I had to be there. I met up with (f/n), and she handed me my Pax shirt.

"I meant to give this to you earlier. Since I work two jobs and all, I didn't have any free time," she said apologetically.

"That's okay, I understand," I replied as I took the shirt from her.

Once I put on the shirt, I was shown around the convention center. I also received an explanation of my job in greater detail, along with a schedule for when each panel takes place.

"You'll be working with these panels," the lady I previously spoke on the phone with said as she grabbed a highlighter and marked the specific panels.

"Try to be here sometime before we officially open to the public, that's all I ask of you. If you have questions, come to me," she smiled and shook my hand as she finished showing me around.

"Okay. Um, I don't believe I ever got your name," I spoke awkwardly.

"My apologies. I'm Candice, but everyone calls me Candy," she spoke as she gave me a friendly grin.

"Thank you for showing me around Candy," I said and smiled back at her.

"No problem! I'll see you tomorrow!" she exclaimed as she turned to leave. I waved to her as she walked out of the convention center.

"Well, want to grab some dinner? It's getting kinda late," (f/n) approached me once Candy had left.

"I want to take one last walk around here so I don't get lost while I'm working," I muttered, nervously thinking about accidentally getting lost.

"Okay, I'll go with you," she took my hand and began to walk, "Maybe if we're lucky, we could run into some YouTubers."

I chuckled at her farfetched suggestion, but she turned to me with a deadly serious face.

"It's happened to me before," she said.

"I just might do something or say something stupid and look like an idiot," I mumbled, going over scenarios in my head of all the possible ways I could embarrass myself.

We began to walk through the employees only hallways, making our way to the opposite end of the building.

While we walked through the hall, (f/n) accidentally dropped the clipboard she was carrying. All her papers went flying onto the floor around her feet.

"Klutz," I chuckled. She bent down to collect her papers.

"Want me to help?" I asked.

"Nah, you continue. I'll meet up with you once I make sure these are in order," she spoke without looking up at me.

I followed her orders and made my way further down the hall. While I quietly walked, a door that was in front of me suddenly opened, almost smacking me in the face. When the door closed, I was face-to-face with Craig and Brock. I held my breath, trying not to do or say something dumb.

"Hello," Brock said to me once he noticed me standing there.

"Sorry, did we almost hit you with the door?" Craig asked, looking concerned.

"Nope," I said, almost sounding like a squeak.

Geez, lighten up a bit...

"I haven't seen you around here. You must be the new panel manager Candy told me about," Craig spoke and smiled at me. He held his hand out, and I shook his hand. I stayed quiet, biting my tongue as I screamed on the inside.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Craig, and this silent tall dude behind me is Brock," Brock waved to me and I waved back at him.

"I'm (y/n)," I stated, smiling at the two of them.

"Well, we should get going," Craig looked back at Brock and then at me, "Hopefully next time we meet, I don't almost hurt you."

"Okay," I laughed, "Bye!"

They waved at me and walked down the hall. I was left alone in complete silence. I let out a sigh, and almost sank to my knees.

"Thank you for not screaming and doing something idiotic," I whispered to myself.

"Hey! I finally caught up with you!" (f/n) called out from behind me.

"What's wrong? You look like you just saw a ghost," She examined my face curiously.

"I-I met MiniLadd and Moo Snuckel," I muttered.

"Ah, aren't they handsome in real life?" she smirked, rubbing in the fact she had already met them.

"Oh shut up."