1.5

Fifteen: Something To Me

I was writing an essay fairly intensely in hopes of bringing my English grade up when I was startled by a noise at my window

I was writing an essay fairly intensely in hopes of bringing my English grade up when I was startled by a noise at my window. I turned to find Peter sitting on the fire escape, and I sighed in relief that it wasn't some robber.

"Hey, Pete," I smiled, opening the window and returning to my desk so I could keep writing. When I didn't receive an answer, I turned back to him only to notice he had strange clothes on.

"What's with the get-up," I snorted sarcastically. When he didn't reply again, I got worried. He just stared at the floor with this hard expression.

"Peter?" I asked, slowly getting up and walking to where he sat on my bed.

"Peter, what's wrong?" I asked, getting closer to him. Before I knew it, I was in between his legs as he gripped onto my waist, sobbing into my stomach.

I was in complete shock, and I didn't know what to do. Hell, I didn't even know what was wrong. I just held onto him, letting him cry.

After a few minutes, he pulled away, looking up at me. The tear stains on his cheeks broke my heart.

"Mr.Stark took my suit," he mumbled, his voice cracking.

"He what?"

"Tony Stark. He's the one who gave me my suit. After I failed miserably to do the one damn thing a hero is supposed to do, he lectured me about being a real hero and then took my suit back," he let a few more tears fall, wiping them with his right hand, his left hand still attached to my waist.

"Peter.." I sighed in sadness, holding the boy close again as he let out a few more tears.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do. He said if I was nothing without the suit then I didn't deserve it. Clearly I'm just.. nothing," I mumbled, and I got down on my knees, getting semi-eye level with him.

"Peter Parker. You are not nothing. You're something-"

"Yeah right! To who?!" He shouted back at me, and I leaned back in hurt.

"To me." I said firmly, standing up. He gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, Jo. I didn't mean to say that. I'm just frustrated because I'm not who I thought I could be," he sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"You can be anybody you want to be. Peter, a hero isn't defined by their tech or their abilities. They're defined by their actions, and how they view the world. You have such a heart of gold, and you stand up for anybody, even people you don't know. That's how I know you're a hero. You were my hero that day that Flash pushed me, and you're still my hero now," I finished my small speech, staring deeply at the broken boy in front of me.

He stood up, capturing me in his arms and holding on tight.

"What would I do without you?" He mumbled into my hair, and I chuckled lightly, holding him closer.

"Probably be a loser.. oops, too late," he laughed, shoving me away playfully before tossing a pillow at my face.

"Don't start with me, Parker. Now let's go get some ice cream," I smiled brightly, skipping out of my door and to the kitchen.

"You're a piece of work, Josephine Wright,"

KIND OF A FLUFFY CHAPTER BUT OH WELL IT WAS CUTE AW POOR LIL PETER GOT SAD BOO OKAY VOTE AND COMMENT ILY BYE