Chapter 12

After she screamed, we all setteled down.

"I never did it either, I'm not a nymphomaniac...I'm a compulsive liar." I started laughing. Clair looked at me glaring. If looks could care i would be dead. Bender was kind of laughing to, just silently. "You are such a bitch!" She yelled looking at Allison, and kind of at me.

"You did that on purpose just to fuck me over!" Allison took a breath. "I would do it thought... If you love someone, its okay." I smiled. Allison is awesome. 

"I cant believe you, youre so weird. You dont say anything all day and then when you open your mouth... you unload all these tremendous lies all over me!" I rolled my eyes. "Aww, you're just pissed off because she got you to admit something you didnt want to admit to." She looked at me like i was from another planet. Then shook her head and spoke.

"Okay, fine, but that doesnt make it any less bizarre."

"What's bizarre?  I mean we're all pretty bizarre!  Some of us are just better at hiding it, thats all. Clair looked at Andrew then spoke. "How are you bizarre?" Allison spoke, answering for Andrew. "He cant think for himself." Andrew nodded. 

"She's right. Do you guys know what, uh, what i did to get in here?" We were all quiet and shook our heads no. "I taped Larry Lester's buns together." Clair laughed. 

The bitch actually laighed. 

Brian looked stunned. "That was you?" Andrew nodded once. "Yea, you know him?" Brian nodded. "Yea, I know him."

"Well then you know how hairy he is right? Well, when they pulled the tape off, most of his hair came off and some, some skin too." I shook my head and closed my eyes. "Oh my God." Whispered Clair.

"And the bizarre thing is," Andrew continued. "Is that I did it for my old man...I tortured this poor kid, because I wanted him to think that I was cool. He's always going off about, you know, when he was in school...all the wild things he used to do.  And I got the feeling that he was disappointed that I never cut loose on anyone, right...So, I'm...I'm sitting in the locker room, and I'm taping up my knee.  And Larry's undressing a couple lockers down from me.  Yeah...he's kinda... he's kinda skinny, weak.  And I started thinking about my father, and his attitude about weakness. And the next thing I knew, I uh, I jumped on top of him and started wailing on him...And my friends, they just laughed and cheered me on. And afterwards, when I was sittin' in Vernon's office, all I could think about was Larry's father. And Larry havin' to go home and...and explain what happened to him.  And the humiliation...fucking humiliation he mustuv felt.  It mustuv been unreal...I mean," 

Right then I couldnt believe it. Andrew started crying. "I mean, how do you apologize for something like that?  There's no way...it's all because of me and my old man.  Oh God, I fucking hate him!  He's like this...he's like this mindless machine that I can't even relate to anymore..."Andrew, you've got to be number one!  I won't tolerate any losers in this family...Your intensity is for shit! " Win.  Win!  WIN!!!"  You son of a bitch!  You know, sometimes, I wish my knee would give...and I wouldn't be able to wrestle anymore.  And he could forget all about me..."

I swallowed hard. It never occured to me, how much I would have in common with these people. Allison is like a sister to me, Brian like a brother. I would do anything for those two. Andrew could be my new best friend, if given the chance. And i have a new understanding about Clair. Even though i strongly disslike her.  

"I think your old man and our old man should get together and go bowling." Bender said while motioning to him and I. Andrew laughs briefly.

"It's like me, you know, with my grades...like, when I, when I step outside myself kinda, and when I, when I look in at myself you know?  And I see me and I don't like what I see, I really don't." Piped up Brian. "Whats wrong with you? Why dont you like yourself?" I asked concern writen all over my voice. 

"'Cause I'm stupid...'cause I'm failing shop.  See we had this assignment, to make this ceramic elephant, and um...and we had eight weeks to do it and we're s'posed ta, and it was like a lamp, and when you pull the trunk the light was s'posed to go on...my light didn't go on, I got a F on it.  Never got a F in my life... When I signed up, you know, for the course I mean.  I thought I was playing it real smart, you know. 'Cause I thought, I'll take shop, it'll be such an easy way to maintain my grade point average..." 

"Why'd you think it'd be easy?" I asked. "Have you seen some of the dopes that take shop?" Brian answered. Bender got tense. Thats when I remembered that he and I take Shop. "Kate and I take shop...you must be a fuckin' idiot." He said all offended. "I'm a fuckin' idiot because I can't make a lamp?" Brian asked. "No, youre a genius because you cant make a lamp." Bender replied. It wasnt in a mean way. Brian actualy is a genius, he shouldnt be making lamps. 

Totaly missing the point Brian asks. "What do you know about Trigonometry?" Bender shrugged. "I could care less about Trigonometry." "Bender, did you know without Trigonometry there'd be no engineering?" I flipped over in Benders arms to calm him down. He was getting pissed. "Without lamps, there'd be no light!" Bender angrily said. 

"Okay so neither one of you is any better than the other one." Clair jumped in. I nodded looking at Bender. "For once I agree." I pulled Benders face to look at me. "Let it go." I cooed. 

Because of all the awkward silence Allison piped up. "I can write with my toes! I can also eat, brush my teeth." "With your feet?" Clair interupted. Allison contunied. "Play Heart & Soul on the piano." Brian got excited and spoke. "I can make spaghetti!"

"What can you do?" I asked Andrew. "I can... uh... tape all your buns together." We all laughed silently. Clair then looked at me. "What can you do?