#⃣ A.R. Rehman facts

Rahman was born as a Hindu and was originally called Dileep Kumar but he embraced Islam after his fatally ill younger sister was cured by a Sufi saint Karimullah Shah Kadri. Dileep Kumar then becamer Allah Rakha Rahman.

Rahman wanted to become a computer engineer. He Says 'the computer engineering world’s loss is the music world’s gain.'

AR Rahman might be the country’s best musician but he didn’t complete his schooling. Rahman was asked to leave school because of poor attendance at the age of 15.

His first salary was Rs. 50 earned for operating a record player.

Rahman does not celebrate his birthday in a grandeur way. He offers early morning prayers and visits the orphanage to celebrate his birthday peacefully.

A street in Markham, Ontario, Canada, has been named in his honour in November 2013.

Rahman's wife Saira was first seen by his mother at a Sufi Darga. When Rahman asked Saira if she would like to marry him, she remained quiet. Later, Rahman realised that she is usually quiet by nature.

Rahman and his son, Ameen share the same birth date, that is 6th January!

Rahman has three kids, two daughters and a son namely Ameen Khatija and Rahima.

In the Limca Book of Records 2007, Rahman holds “Indian of the Year for Contribution to Popular Music” Award.

The Oscar winning song "Jai Ho" was initially composed for the Salman Khan starrer- Yuvraaj!

In 2012, Rahman revealed that he had received a Christmas card from the family of the President of the United States and dinner invitation at the White House.

AR Rahman likes listening to songs based on the raaga Sindhu Bhairavi.

Rahman is the only Indian to be featured in ‘List of best-selling music artists of the world’.

The keyboard that he played as a teenager is on display in his studio in Chennai.

He has won 4 national awards, 15 Filmfare awards and 14 Filmfare awards south, as of 2014. In fact, out of a total of 138 award nominations, he has won 117.

He is also the first Asian to have won 2 Oscars in the same year.

Airtel's signature tune, composed by Rahman, is the world's most downloaded mobile music with over 150 million downloads.

Rahman is popularly nicknamed, 'The Mozart of Madras' and 'Isai Puyal'.

In 2006, he launched his own music label KM Music.

Rahman likes composing at night as he is not disturbed by phone calls during that hour.

💜🎶🎵🎧🎹🎼