Prologue

Prologue

“When he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

   A tear slid down my face and dropped onto the thin page of my book. Romeo and Juilet is one of my favorite books, and no matter how many times I read it, it never failed to make me cry. 

    I was so caught up in the book, that I didn't even hear my father yelling my name, or even when he barged into my room. Not until he snatched the book out of my hands, of course, "Isabella!" he yelled. 

    He was as red as a tomato and he looked like he was gonna explode any second. "I've been calling you for about five minutes now!" I opened my mouth, about to reply, but he cut me off, "I don't want to hear about it. You're gonna be late for school, so you better get going." 

     "I'm sorry!" I apoligized, as I gathered my backpack and a pair of shoes off the ground. "I was just too caught in my book, I didn't even realize you were calling me!" I said, kind of amazed by the fact that I could get so distracted easily. 

Hmm.. like a cat, I thought. I laughed to myself a little bit, imagining my cat Kitby running across 

    "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you and your books," I heard him mumble. I rolled my eyes and smiled. We both walked out of my room and headed downstairs. Once we headed out the door, we left into different directions towards our cars. 

    Starting the car, I wave my dad goodbye as he drives off to his office. You see, my dad owns many estates, which explains the big mansion we have. It may look all big and cool from outside, but inside it's just empty and vacant, because my dad's almost never home, leaving me by myself most of the time. 

   I drive in silence, not in the mood to turn on the radio. A feeling of dread washes over me, as I park into school. It's going to be another boring day, I think as I step out of my car and feel the April breeze hit me.   

    I don't have anybody to talk to. I know, I sound like a complete loser, but it's true. Everybody thinks I'm odd. Honestly, I don't even know why. And when people try to be my friends, I fall for it and they end up just using me for my money. It does get lonely, especially since it's my last year of high school, but  I get used to it. 

     I walk into the doors of the school, and immediately everybody stops what they're doing and all their attention averts to me. The whispering starts, and some guys whistle. Girls look at me with envy. I learned to just ignore it. You would think that I would enjoy this, maybe even smile at all the attention I was getting. But, I was feeling the exact opposite. It gets pretty annoying, actually. 

      The bell rings, and everybody's attention averts away from me and they begin to bustle through the hallways to their classes. Thank God, I thought as a relieved smile fell on my face. 

       I head to my locker quickly, getting what I needed for 1st and 2nd period. As I was locking my combination, I heard a voice behind me, "You sure are popular from all that attention," a girl laughed. 

      I turned around, and my eyes came in contact with blue ones. She was really pretty, light brown hair and she was really tall. She seemed like a new student, I've never seen her around school before. "Not really," I replied, laughing a little. She gave me an 'are you kidding' look, but thankfully, brushed it off. 

     "Are you new?" I ask, curious. She nodded in reply, opening a fold of paper, which I assumed was her schedule. 

    "Yeah, I came from Washington. My dad got his job moved here," she explained. I nodded in understanding. Just then, the bell rang, signaling that class is starting. Her eyes widened, "Oh gosh! Sorry I got you late for class, gah I talk too much." she apologized. 

     "No worries, I hate my English teacher anyway," I laughed. She looked somewhat relieved and asked me what class I had. After realizing she had most of the same classes as me, we walked to class together. 

    "Oh, I didn't catch your name!" she exclaimed. "I'm Isabella", I outstretch my hand towards her. 

    "Trinity," she said as she shook my hand. And even though I might get in trouble for being late to class, a thought kept gnawing at me.

       I think I just made a friend. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! 

So what do you think about my new story? 

Honestly, I've never read Romeo and Juliet so I don't even know if that line was even worth crying for, haha. And yes, I know that one part where she walked into school and everybody just stared at her, was pretty unrealistic. But, I needed to show that people really thought she was odd or special in some way to keep the tale going. So NO HATE, lol. 

  Please comment what you think! Also, vote if you liked it! 

 (remember this is my own different version to Beauty and The Beast so) 

-A      xoxo