Chapter Three - Later That Day

Chapter Three - "Later that day"

             Words could not explain how I felt. 

    After that little 'incident', Trinity and I decided to skip lunch to go to the library. Why, you ask? 

     Probably because I was utterly embarrassed. Or maybe the fact that all the students in the cafeteria had all of their eyes on me. Surely, they all witnessed that. 

     So, we bid farewell to our disgusting lunch, and went to the library. We were currently sitting against one of the many bookshelves, and were trying to gather our thoughts. More like mine. 

     After finally gaining some composure, I groaned. At the same time, Trinity squealed. 

     "Oh my gosh, that must of been so romantic!" She sighed dreamingly. 

    "More like embarrassing," I muttered in a monotone. 

     "He might be falling in love with you!"

     "I think you mean, hate." 

       "Oh my gosh, what if he asks you out in class?" 

      "More like kick me out of class."

       Gosh, this girl is unbelievable. Did she not get the point here? 

      Trinity gasped, "You're the one that's unbelievable! Can't you see? He's madly in love with you!"

       Oops, said that out loud. 

         "Yup, I can see it already. Can I be your maid of honor?'' She asked, eagerly. 

         My eyes widened, "What? Hold on, are you even getting the point here?" She furrowed her eyebrows, obviously very lost. 

        I groaned, "I've been moping around because first, I embarrassed myself even more. Second, practically all the seniors saw that and might pass around rumours or something. And third, did I mention that I made a fool out of myself? Not once, but twice." I rambled, out of breath. 

       Trinity's mouth formed into an 'O', and finally nodded in understanding. I let out a breath, as she smiled sheepishly at me. "Oh," she laughed. I laughed along with her. 

       For the rest of the lunch time, Trinity and I just chatted about random stuff as my mind drifted away from Dameon slowly. And, whenever the librarian walked by, we pretended we were reading a book. 

        Unfortunately, lunch ended too soon and we had to get up from our very comfortable positions, and head to class. While Trinity walked to class, I told her I'd meet her there because I had to pick up a couple of books from my locker. 

       Once I got to my locker, I unlocked my combination and took out some stuff I needed. I locked it, and tried to hurry to class, having a feeling that I'll be late. 

        One of my heavy textbooks slid out of my hands in the process, and I muttered a few unladylike words under my breath. To make matters worse, the bell rung. I groaned, knowing this was gonna be my second tardy, and Mrs. Valerio will most likely give me a detention. 

      Turning around a corner, I bumped into a hard chest.

      "Seems like you're always trying to bump into me, I see?" Matt's cocky voice rang in my ears. 

    "Didn't think you were that thirsty, Grey." he laughed. I knew that to get past this fool, I'd need to apologize. 

    "Look, I'm sorry but I really need to get to class." I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows. I tried to move around him, but he mirrored my steps and blocked me.