IX

TAKASHI WAS A LITTLE TENSE WHEN he walked into the house party. Toryn was with him and he didn't exactly know how to feel about that. Honestly if she would have stayed home, he would have liked it better. He wasn't trying to be mean, but it was a party and Toryn wasn't a partying type of person. So it wouldn't be fair for her to bug him about going home early when he didn't tell her to come.

Laura forced him, saying if he went then she had to go too. Toryn promised she wouldn't force them to go early and she'd let him have his fun, but Takashi knew his best friend and those were only words. He was planning on getting lit and wild tonight, and as much as he loved his best friend, if she ruined that for him he would be pissed.

"Aye, what up boy." Dupree said, greeting Takashi by the door with a dap.

"What's good," Takashi said scooping out the place. It was super packed with people standing so close some couldn't even move. "It's mad heads in here...it's lit or nah?"

Thomas gave him a look, "Man it's lit in here...they even got college girls here, bro. Jayden dead told one of those bitches he was twenty three and they believed him. I think one of them sucked his dick in the bathroom."

Toryn immediately looked at the ground, feeling uncomfortable. She had on a plain pink knee length form fitting dress with some black sandals. Her hair was in a ponytail and she had on small diamond stud earrings, her half heart pendant resting on her chest. She looked normal as usual, but that's how she felt most comfortable.

"This you?" Dupree questioned. Toryn looked up and was looking right into Dupree's eyes, realizing he was asking Takashi if they were together.

"Nah," Takashi said quickly, he chuckled, putting his hand on her shoulder. "You met her before, she go to our school." He said not wanting to bring up the incident where they laughed at her last time.

When Dupree realized it was the quiet girl from school only Takashi talked too, he quickly became disinterested in her. He gave a polite smile and put his attention back on Takashi. His smile lit up, "Imma go see whassup wit' everyone else." He remarked.

They split up and Takashi pulled Toryn's hand as they travelled through the crowd. Toryn was in awe at how many people knew Takashi. Every second people were stopping him to give out handshakes, daps and hugs. She wasn't even sure all these people went to their school. It's not like she would know because she didn't know everybody; but surely knew a lot of people.

They got to the kitchen and surprisingly it wasn't that crowded. Everyone seemed to mostly be out in the living room, and the basement because Takashi knew Dupree had a basement in his house. It was probably where they were smoking weed. He could smell it, but didn't physically see anyone smoking.

Takashi walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer which was packed with all kinds of alcohols and soda. He sucked his teeth noticing all the stuff in there was light as hell. Colt 45, Corona, Heineken, Bud Wiser. He closed the fridge and smirked, noticing the heavier shit on the table. He smirked and picked up the bottle of Devil's Springs Vodka and began pouring it out in a red plastic cup.