Love Is God...

Both Yuma and me turned to the voice. "Shu?!" It was too much of a shock. I heard Yuma 'tch' and loosen his grip.

I was still looking at Shu. He stood up and made his way towards me and Yuma. "Whaddaya want now, fleabag?!"

"Haruka."

"Too bad... I'm already taking her."

"You're such a pain. It's useless taking a bisexual girl." and he let out a sigh. I actually forgot my excuse but it still didn't seem to work on Yuma.

"Huh. You think that ol' trick'll work on me? I know your straight girl." He leaned in once more to bite me but this time Shu placed a hand on my shoulder to where Yuma was going to drink from.

"Just go prey on something else."

He gave Yuma a death glare that made me shiver all over. Once again Yuma clicked his tongue and let go of me. My legs felt weak from the stress ride that I fell just as Yuma left the room. I was expecting a hard, cold concrete floor instead an arm holding onto me. I looked up and saw Shu glare at me.

"I know I know. I gotta lot of explaining to do. But thanks for helpin' me out back there."

"Chant."

My head shot up in fear, "W-what?"

"Chant or I bite you now."

"But-"

"Alright then..."

"No No! Hang on a second." Why did he want me to put up a shield around me? He could just drink me and make him my weakness. But I obeyed, "This shield is my power to protect against evil. This shield keeps out harm. This shield does not allow demons or negative entities to pass through it. This shield is my domain and I alone determine what is allowed to pass. No dark entities shall pass through this shield. AS I WILL IT, MOTE IT BE!"

Just as I finished, Shu came crashing onto my lips! His eyes were closed but his heart was open. He parted with me; "The day I bite you is the day you willingly give into me. Until then you will place your trust in me to protect you from others. You might not accept me vampire killer..." He knew! But how long? "...but I crave you. Emotionally."

"What?"

He sighed and said, "In other words, I love you. You don't have to accept but-"

I don't know what came over me but I just had to accept Shu. For some reason I felt something genuine in his voice and words. His face didn't convey much but his embrace and state of mind explained much more. I cut him off with a kiss. Somehow it felt right. Nothing seemed to bother me. I know we didn't spend much time conveying each others feelings, but somehow, we knew each other so well. It may not be possible for two people to get together in just a few encounters but, it was just too complex to think about. Right now, I just wanted to savor the moment.

Although shocked by my sudden action he gave in and enjoyed the moment as well. Is this love? Am I gonna spend my life with the future King of the kind that killed my parents. Will God forgive my sin? What am I thinking. Shu may be born a vampire but he couldn't decide what he will be born as... Just as long as he has humanity. Some say Love Is God. They say Love is funny. They say God Is funny. In one way, it makes sense to me...