6

While I was staring at the pictures, I suddenly remembered that I' m still not sure where my room is. I know I woke up in that room but no one really told me if that really was my room. It' s hard to commit a mistake. Believe me, I know that much.

I was about to go and ask when Softia, thank goodness, entered the room.

"Hey, Mia! Wanna hang out in your room? I' ve got lots of DVDs here. Romance! ! "

"Uhm, sure." I don' t really like watching romantic movies because they are all fake and fictional but I figured that it' s the only way I can figure out my room without disappointing anyone.

So there we were in that huge room I had woken up in, eating sweet corn and homemade potato chips, watching a romantic comedy called  "My Big Love"

Actually, I just willed myself not to fall asleep for Softia. It would be rude if I would have slept.

"You're not so enthusiastic about My Big Love, are you? " she said while stopping the movie in the middle of a kissing part.

I shook my head in response.

"Wanna watch Evil Dead sometimes? I heard it' s gross." Softia

W-what? Horror?

I gulped.

"Uh, miss Softia, I- I- I c- can' t w- watch horror." I sighed "Horror movies are scary."

"Huh? That' s great then! Let' s conquer your fear! And please, stop it with the Miss . You' re making me sound old. i' m only 17 , you know. Call me Pia." she said with her angelic smile.

She' s a year younger than me.

"ok. uhm, if you don' t mind me asking...where is your mother? I have not seen her yet."

"Oh. she' s the one supporting the family because she' s good at that while Dad takes care of us here. She' s either with Kuya or in an office somewhere." she looked really sad while she said those.

But then I did not do anything. I do not  know how to comfort anyone! I have no friends to do that to. No family.

I just sat there on the floor, awkwardly watching her mope.

Uhh, what do I so now?

"HEY! Don' t get awkward with me. I was kidding you!  Our mother left us after she gave us Aaron. She died of leukemia." she smiled sadly.

My eyes got wider. So it was even sadder than the first. GOSH!

"HHAAHAHA.. You really aren' t a comfort person. Don' t worry, we' ve gotten over it. it was 13 years ago! No big deal. Wanna go shopping some time? "

She switches moods quickly. =_=

"Uh, sorry I' m poor. I plan on saving every penny I have. " I said seriously.

"No! It' s gonna be my treat. Anyway, since you are now officially part of the dela Fuente household, I figured you should at least look presentable" and she made a peace sign.

I looked at what I was wearing- -huge tee and sweatpants. What' s wrong with that?

"Also, I have already placed your luggage in your closet. We did a type of search and rescue for it. Of course we paid someone for it. And....ah! if you see Kuya, he' s bipolar. That is all. See you tomorrow, Mia! "

And literally skipped towards the exit of my room.

Her kuya...Is he maybe the young man in the portrait?

Time: 11:30PM

I felt wide awake so I strolled the huge room. There were 4 doors in the room- exit, C.R. , closet, and terrace.

I went to the closet and my jaw literally dropped. Shoes, dresses, and everything a girl could ever dream of were all there. The walk in closet was filled!

But I' m not the typical girl. I don' t really like fancy dresses and  such. They are expensive and over priced. Not practical. But I do like dressing up however with my current status in life, I can' t do anything I like. I' ve accepted that fact when my parents died.

I scanned the room and found what I was looking for. My battered luggage. All my clothes were there. All of what is left of what my parents bought for me. I had sold my dresses in answer to desperate measures one summer. I only have sweaters, pants, shorts, tees, undergarments, and 2 pairs of sneakers.

They were all there. Thank GOD.

I went to the terrace of the room.

I remembered how happy I was then with my parents in our mansion. How my life has really turned upside down after they passed away. And now I' m here. With strangers, in a huge castle in the middle of nowhere.

Is this a way of reminding me that I am never going to go back to that happy place I once had?

"Mams, Dads, I' ve entered a whole new dimension. I' m fine so don' t worry about me. " I cried at that and my tears raced rolling down my cheeks. "I- I miss you. I wish you did not leave me."