The Tale of Genevieve's Lake

"Put your gun down Alex, now!" Aleina yelled.

"Doll I don't think I'd like to do that." Alex said with a smile.

"Alex I swear on Genevieve's name if you shoot any of these people I will have you put away in the jail for good." Aleina said.

A gasp surfaced among the stunned teenagers at the sound of Genevieve's name.

"Now now Doll don't be so irrational." Alex said.

 And with that Aleina grabbed a silver pistol out of her bra and aimed it at Alex. Now the gasps grew even louder.

"I said to drop your stupid ass gun Alex!" Aleina yelled with her pistol still pointed at Alex's chest.

"You still have that gift I gave you huh?" Alex said.

"Shut the hell up the only reason I keep it is because, you know why." Aleina said.

"Alright question, who the hell is Genevieve and can you BOTH put your guns down, jeez." Rudy said with a roll of his blue eyes.

Everyone stared at him with shock, curiosity, and anger in their eyes then moved out of his way and stood a good distance from him. But everyone shrugged. Aleina and Alex both lowered their guns slowly and gave Rudy quite the glare. But he ignored.

"Genevieve's um.." Aleina said nervously.

"She's the main star in a tale we Sweetwaterville people like to call, The Tale of Genevieve's Lake." Jax said with his arms crossed. 

30 Years Ago...

     In the quiet town of Sweetwaterville lived a lively group of teenagers. Max Sanders, Rowan Lightwood, Jack Anderson, Timothy Reneives, and Joline Andrews. The five teens grew up together in this small town and were very close friends. Rowan and Max were planning on eloping and the rest, they didn't know. Something so little kept from them turned the friends into enemies. Max Sanders the golden boy in the group  would soon regret this later on in his life.

     The five would always go to this quiet little lake that no one else knew about and do what teenagers would do in the late 1980's. Everyone knew that Max and Rowan were an item at the time but didn't judge them at all, if anything they made the group of friends stronger. Rowan Lightwood was the daughter of the mayor she was well kept and friendly unlike her mother and father, she was the town jewel. Everyone adored Rowan Lightwood. Everyone but Genevieve Nightingale, she despised the ground Rowan walked on and wanted Max all to herself. But the five played a horrible prank on Genevieve. Something they would all regret, for the rest of their lives.

    Genevieve was head over heels with Max, she was in love with the fool who thought nothing of her. October 9, 1987 the day the group of friends took a supposed to be small prank to a 15 year old's death. So that day, at school Max asked Genevieve if she wanted to go cruise around in his car with him. And of course any time spent with Max was a dream come true to Genevieve, she accepted. So that night he picked Genevieve up at her house and they cruised around to the country side of Sweetwaterville and looked up at the stars. But what she didn't know, was the group of friends were hiding in the backseat. As the two pulled up to the familiar lake, Max stopped the car. 

     He put his arm around Genevieve and leaned in and so did she. That was when the group struck and Max backed away, with a terrified look on her face and tears already in her eyes as she looked to Max with so much heartbreak. The group grabbed her by her arms threw her in the lake. Little did they know Genevieve couldn't swim in such deep water. But how could they know something so important like that, when they thought nothing of the dumb, weak, stupid, Genevieve. The group of friends continued to laugh and laugh until Joline realized she hadn't come up. 

     The five jumped into the water and called out Genevieve's name over and over again. But her body didn't float to surface. The girls hated themselves for what they'd done to such an innocent girl like themselves. But the boys, continued to laugh and make fun of the weakling Genevieve. No one knew the group had done what they'd done that fateful night. Until many many years later. And the story was passed down generation to generation. So a little while after Max finally held himself acountable for what he'd done and after he'd become mayor. He named the lake after the sweet Genevieve herself. But what no one thought much of until today is that no one found her body.