IV

Friday, August 9

Darcy's eyes glint in the dim light of the burning building and her cheshire cat grin makes me uneasy. I want to step back from her, but that would be giving her the upper hand.

And I am so done with being trampled on.

She can't touch me, I realize. If I know one thing about Darcy it's this: she is fucking terrified of Harry. He has threatened her life and belittled her existence in his eyes time and time again. I can trust Harry and I without a doubt know, he is on my side.

I square my shoulders and give her a bored look, letting her know how insignificant her threat to me is. I'm about to tell her as much, but all of a sudden her eyes loose their color, and a snarl rips from her lips. Her blue eyes fade into blackness but the veins on her cheeks are barely visible. She is the epitome of deadly beauty right now, and I hate her for it.

The drumming of my heart beats mercilessly against my ribs but I stand my ground, my gaze unwavering. Wait a second... she isn't looking at me. As if on cue, a prick runs down my spine, making the hair on the back of my neck rise. Great, just great. Just when I thought this night couldn't get any worse. I don't even turn around, I already know who it is.

"Harry should know better than to leave you alone, even for a moment." His smooth British tone makes my skin crawl and I take several deep breaths.

I finally turn to see the all too familiar devious smile that never seems to leave his lips. This is the first time I've seen him since knowing the entire truth about everything, and I'm not naïve. If I know the truth, so does he. Any man equal to Harry, is a man to be wary of.

Louis Tomlinson.

Aka son of Beelzebub and one of the first Knights of Hell.

It's strange though, because he almost looks... normal. You know, instead of like a crazy, powerful Knight of Hell creep. A slightly baggie hoodie hangs past his waist to make up for the track pants that hang low on his hips. His usually styled hair is pushed back into a beanie, making him appear much younger. I meet those dark blue eyes and the intensity of his gaze is unnerving.

"Step away, Mr. Tomlinson." Darcy commands, stepping beside me in challenge.

Darcy may as well have been invisible.

Louis gives her no response, not even the blink of an eye. Instead, his intense stare stays firmly on mine. A few seconds pass and when his eyes leave mine, I'm relieved because it was getting harder and harder to no look away, but uncomfortable because he is basically checking me out now. I battle the urge to fidget.

"Stay away from me." I command, sounding braver than I feel.

Annoyed, Darcy grabs my arm to pull me behind her but that grabs his attention. Louis eyes snap to her, glaring menacingly and they darken fractionally. He takes a deep breath and as quickly as his rage came, it fades. His eyes return to their human shade and he takes a step towards us, chuckling under his breath in disbelief.

"You challenge me for her, little one?"

"I don't belong to either of you." I snap.

Now it's my turn to be ignored. Darcy hisses threateningly and shields me with her body, making her almost chest to chest with Louis.