Nagato (Pein)

This is depressing, I'm sorry.

You stood in front of Nagato's grave. The one, most important thing in your life, the one thing you had failed to protect. You didn't blame anyone but yourself, Yahiko had died and Nagato went crazy in his ambitions. World Peace. The one thing the Akatsuki strived for, in the beginning at least. The longer Nagato got twisted into the ambition the more twisted the Akatsuki became. It started as an organization trying to achieve peace and it became corrupted, the only ones willing to join were the worst criminals. You knew what he did was wrong, you believed he would realize that. You were wrong. All Nagato wanted was peace, but the only way he could see that peace was through the destruction of others. Nagato's mind turned into a countdown, two left. 'Madara', he would create 'peace,' wouldn't he? 

No. You knew Nagato's judgment had been clouded the second Yahiko had died, it became worse as 'Madara' filled his head with false ideology. Nagato was no longer worrying about others, about himself, or anything really. Just peace. A peace that could never be achieved. Was everything he did in vain? Nagato had died for an impossible cause, a perfect world that only a genjutsu could accomplish. The world you wished was possible. But it isn't. You had watched Nagato waste away his life attempting to achieve the impossible.

But you didn't stop him.

Nagato kept going on, believing that what he dreamed, what he had been promised could be accomplished! Nagato's goals, ideals, everything had been a waste from the very start! But you had done absolutely nothing to stop it. Because he would realize he was wrong, wouldn't he?

No. He never did, until it was too late for him. In the end, Naruto was the one. the one to make him realize. To make him realize he was wrong, nothing he believed would be accomplished would be accomplished, nor was it the right thing to do. Nagato threw away his life because of a promise, a promise that if he spared the leaf, they would create peace.  That promise was the promise Nagato gave up his life for, a promise that would be kept. You would make sure of it.

You loved Nagato. You never got to tell him that. That is one of your biggest regrets, you were such a coward. Always fearing rejection, you were always filled with self-doubt. Konan knew, she would always try to convince you to tell him, she believed he felt the same, no she knew he felt the same. She would always talk of him, as a child telling Konan of his crush on you. You always dismissed it as a childish crush he had, although it did give you the smallest bit of hope. Nagato was different, you knew this, but Konan tried to convince you that his feelings were still the same. You never believed her. 

You regretted not telling him, as in his last, dying breath he said it. The words that made you regret not telling him, those words tore you up inside and hurt you more than anything else. They would have brought you joy in any other situation, but as of then, in his dying breaths, his words brought you sadness. 

'I love you, (Y/N)'

Those words tore you apart, knowing that he felt the same. You were in such shock, that you did not reply, just stand there, in disbelief. You starred at him, as he smiled at you while the light in his eyes faded away. It was only when he was no longer conscious that you came to your senses, and ran to him, crying, yelling the words "I love you," at his already dead body. 

You had so many regrets...

---

This was short...

I really like angsty shit lately. 

Hope I made you sad.

Sorry, I'm working on the third Itachi & Sasuke part. It might take longer, due to the fact that its a lemon/lime type shit, I suck at writing that stuff so it will take longer.

Please tell me about any grammar or spelling mistakes or other things I should fix.

(YOU KNOW WHAT I SHOULD FIX? THIS WHOLE FIC CAUSE IT IS FUCKED UP IM SORRY)

It almost felt weird writing this, as my username is Nagato... ANYWAY have an awesome new year! Bye.

I honestly hate myself for writing this...