Fourteen

After several complaints from Zach, Corbyn, Jack, and Madeline finally decided to call quits on skateboarding. Being the lazy person that he is, Zach just wanted to watch movies until Jonah and Daniel came home. Corbyn, Madeline, Jack, and him were all on the couch, watching Big Hero 6. It was Madeline's favorite movie, and while they watched it, she kept complaining of how under-rated it got when it released.

Zach found it cute that she would stick up for her favorite movie -- as if it was something special to her. The fact was, it was special. She always ended up crying when Hiro's brother passes away, trying to help someone in a burning building.

Although she felt a strong connection to Hiro -- Baymax was by far her favorite character.

"He looks like fat marshmallow." Zach would say, earning a slap on the arm by Madeline as she'd continue to watch the movie.

"That kid needs a haircut." Zach mumbled, throwing a piece of popcorn at the TV, hitting the Hiro that was playing on screen.

"Shh." Madeline hushed him, putting her hand over his mouth. By instinct, he licked it.

"Ewww!" Madeline exclaimed, standing up from her spot on the couch. She leaned over, wiping her hand across Zach's navy green jeans. She huffed, walking beside Corbyn and sitting on the other side of him, away from Zach. He felt a little hurt, he was only playing around.

At that part, the movie flashed black. All the lights turned off and there was no source of power.

Zach walked over to his phone that was charging. It was on, and it didn't have the icon on the battery that told it was charging.

"Powers out." He mumbled, running his fingers through his gelled hair. At this point, he didn't care if he messed it up. Which was very rare.

He looked around the room, squinting his eyes, hoping to see clearer. Sighing, he unlocked his phone and turned on the flashlight. Everything looked much more scarier in the dark.

"Jesus." He whispered, jumping a little when he had thought he saw a moving creature, when it had only been a pile of dirty laundry.

"You're stupid." He heard someone giggle, their voice muffled. He quickly turned around, flashing his phone at the sound.

Madeline put her hands up in surrender and rolled her eyes.

"Chill, I'm not gonna kill you." She grinned, lowering her hands. She stood up from the couch, her shirt lifting up a bit. She quickly pulled it down, but Zach caught a glimpse of her toned stomach.

"Corbyn?" She asked no one in particular. Silence. She sighed, grabbing her phone from the desk and turning on the flashlight.

She shone her phone next to her, to where Corbyn was last time she checked. The seat was empty. Madeline groaned, tired from moving boxes and bags all day.

"Corbyn I swear to god I will not hesitate to shop off your non-existent balls of you don't come out." As soon as she said those words, a familiar figure jumped out from behind the couch, a scared expression across his face.

"I'm here! I'm here!" He spoke, exasperated. Madeline laughed, lowering her phone.

"I was kidding. In case you can't tell when someone is being sarcastic -- that was it."

"So I do have balls?" Corbyn smirked, leaning against the couch. Madeline glared at him.

"Barely." She mumbled, rubbing her tired face. A loud knock interuppeted her and Corbyn's tension, signaling that Daniel and Jonah had come home.

"Where's Jack?" Madeline mumbled, looking at the opening door and couch.

"Boo!" A voice yelled out, scaring Madeline as she flinches, letting out a squeak. Jack chuckled, putting his hands on her shoulders. Madeline glared at him, pushing his hands away. She walked over to Daniel and Jonah, looking at their hands to see what they had brought.

"Chipotle!" Madeline exclaimed, taking the bags from them. She quickly put them back, looking at her feet. "Sorry." She mumbled. Madeline had been taught her entire life to behave properly and push away immature actions. At times, she had went against them.

"No, it's fine." Jonah chuckled, putting a bag in her hands. "You're going to be living with five boys for a while. Get used to it."

Madeline grinned at him, walking over to the dinner table with her bag of Chipotle. She opened up the bag, to find a chicken salad. She smiled thankfully at the boys, pushing all the negative thoughts away.

"W-We didn't know what you wanted." Daniel stammered, looking at the salad and Madeline. She shook her head, smiling at Jonah and Daniel.

"It's fine. I like salad." She told them, scooping up a piece of lettuce that was soaked in ranch dressing, eating it.

"Thank you."

°°°
Aha I wrote a decent chapter for once.

What do you guys prefer?

Long or short chapters?

Let me know.

-Melissa