9: I found a love

~~ one day later ~~
"Stacie are you seriously wearing my shirt?" I asked.
"Yes" she replied as I rolled my eyes.
"Are we getting coffee or no?"
"What is it with you and coffee?"
"I didn't get enough sleep" which was true Chloe and I didn't get in until 3 this morning so I'm pretty tired.
"Yeah sure we'll get some but you're paying"
"Fine let's go" I said walking out the door. "Lock the door please"
"Got it"
We messed around the whole way to the coffee shop. Stacie made me almost walk into a tree. I smiled when the scent of caffeine hit my nose.
"Can you go order I don't want to stand in line?" Stacie asked me.
"Yeah okay what do you want"
"A  decaf and a chocolate chip muffin"
"K go sit down miss lazy pants"
I waited in line for 5 minutes until it was my turn.
"Hey what can I get ya pretty thing?" The guy asks. I seriously did not wait five minutes in line to get hit on. I looked over to Stacie and mouthed to her 'help me'
"Uh A French vanilla latte, a decaf and a chocolate chip muffin." I say.
"Alright I'm going to need your name and could I get your number?" The guy asks with a wink.
"I'm sorry but I'm taken."
"By who?" He asked.
"By me" Stacie said from behind me. "so I'd appreciate it if you could hurry up we have somewhere to be."
The guy huffed and got to making our order. I turned to Stacie giving her a hug. "Thanks for saving me again."
"Anytime shortie" she said hugging me. "You know Aubrey's going to yell at us for being late again."
"Do you think she's going to make us run laps again?" I asked.
"Maybe but if we come up with a good excuse then probably not." Stacie suggested.
"French vanilla latte, decaf and a chocolate chip muffin" the guy called out. I saw there was a piece of paper on my cup. "Call me" he said winking. I rolled my eyes and read the paper.
Yeah it's hard to believe you're with the slut. Everyone knows it's fake
>Insert random number here<
I got really angry and threw the paper away.
"Come on let's go we're already late" I said grabbing Stacie's hand.
"What did the paper say that's getting you so worked up?" Stacie asked.
"Nothing"
"Alex I know it's not nothing"
"It's not important okay Stacie" I snapped walking into the gym.
"Alex you're late" Aubrey said.
"Obviously I am." I said starting to run around the bleachers.
"Stacie you're late too. Go five laps" Aubrey yelled.
-- a few minutes later --
"okay now that Stacie and Alex are here we can start rehearsal" Aubrey said once we stopped running. "We have two weeks til regionals and we need to be kick ass. Everyday this week we will run through our whole set list​ twice. Alright everyone get up"
I heard everyone groan. We started with the sign, then eternal flame, then turn the beat around. Chloe tries to hit the high note in the end but couldn't and I see the frustration on her face.
"I should've taken that cardio tip more seriously," fat Amy complained.
"How much did you do?" Aubrey asks.
"You just saw it"
"Chloe, you have to be able to hit that last note" Aubrey said looking at Chloe who looked disappointed.
"I can't. It's impossible. Because of my nodes."
"her nodes" fat Amy echoed.
I went up to go hug Chloe from behind. "Don't be sad. You're still my favorite." I said in a little kid voice, resting my chin on her shoulder.
"Thanks" she said kissing my temple.
"Well if you can't do it then someone else needs to solo" Aubrey said.
"I think Beca or Alex should take my solo" Chloe said resting her cheek on my head. I don't know why but I always calm down when I'm with Chloe. I felt all my anger wash away.
"Yeah Beca and Alex would be good soloists but someone else could be equally excellent," fat Amy pointed out me and Beca both agreed with her
"And they might be shy and don't want to say they want to solo"
"Well Beca doesn't want to solo so" Aubrey started but Beca cut her off.
"Oh I'd be happy to solo if I got to pick a new song and a new arrangement."
"That's not how we do things here"
"Aubrey, maybe Beca's right. Maybe if we try something new" Chloe said.
"Aca-scuse me" Aubrey yelled at Chloe and I saw the hurt in her eyes. I hugged her a little tighter. "you can sing turn the beat around and that's the last I want to hear about it"
Beca went up to challenge Aubrey.
"Chloe?"
"Yeah" she said looking down
"Hey, pick your chin up I want to see your bubbly smile" She shook her head and laughed at my words. "There it is" I said kissing her forehead and hugging her.
"Thank you" she mumbled in my neck
"Anytime sunshine"
"Alright Alex you'll solo" Aubrey said.
"I actually don't want to solo." I said letting go of Chloe.
"What?" Everyone asks surprised.
"If I'm going to solo then we need a new song" I said smiling at Beca.
"Fine then fat Amy?" Aubrey said
"Yes sir"
"You'll solo"
"Yes!" Fat Amy cheered. We all looked at her as she drew the heart on her shirt.
"Alex you know you didn't have to do that right" Beca said.
"I know I didn't have to but I did it anyways I don't want to solo a song that people are going to sleep through" I explained. "Oh and can you tell Luke that I can't come today"
"Yeah sure" Beca replied walking away. Chloe came running up to me.
"Woah ginger" I said catching her.
"please don't leave" she said in my shoulder.
"I'm not leaving Chlo. Did you tell Aubrey about what happened?" I ask. Sh shook her head.
"Alex come on we have to go" Stacie called out.
"Chlo you have to tell her okay I know it's hard but she's your best friend" I said hugging her. "I have to go I'll see you tomorrow" kissing her head.
"Coming Stace!" I called back running to her.
-- Later in the dorm --
"Alex come on get changed" Stacie told me. I groaned knowing she was dragging me to yet another party.
"Stacie I don't want to. I have still have a few notes to take for psychology"
"Fine but if you change your mind here's where I'll be." Stacie said giving me a piece of paper with an address. "I'm going now"
"Bye Stacie, be safe."
"Alex I'll be fine" she called back.
I looked at my psychology book for an hour before I became frustrated. I decided to ask Chloe for help.

Me - Chlo
Chloe ❤ - Yeah what's wrong? 😦
Me - I'm fine I'm taking notes for psychology and I don't understand anything.
Chloe ❤ - Do you want me to come help you?
Me - Yes please
Chloe ❤ - I'll be over in 10
I decided to make myself look decent.
I changed into shorts and a new sports bra. I walked over to Stacie's closet when
"You know you should really lock your door" Chloe said walking in.
"AHH Chloe what the actual fuck!" I yelled falling down. I looked over at Chloe who was laughing hysterically.
"You should've seen your face"
I glared at her and walked into Stacie's closet once again and putting on her favorite sweatshirt.
"Are you wearing Stacie's sweatshirt?"
"Yes"
"Why?"
"Because I look good in them
"You're weird"
"You walked in on me in the shower!"
"Because you had an amazing voice!"
"Well I look good so"
"Yeah I can't argue with that" she said winking. This girl is so weird.
"see you're the weird one Chloe"
"No I was just stating the facts"
"Chloe just help me" I said opening my book.
Chloe explained things really well I started to understand a bit more.
"Chloe can we take a break we just spent two hours of psychology. I think I'm going to have psychological problems."
"Fine but no sleeping."
"Dang it red!"
"Come on tell me about yourself"
"Well what do you want to know"
"Um tell me something I don't know"
"I was the school track star in high school during senior year"
"That's cool. Is that why you don't mind running laps?"
"Yeah those five laps were nothing"
"Okay how is it being best friends with Stacie?"
"She's cool. She's sort of overprotective at times. Most times I don't really see her cuz I don't want to be here when she's with a guy" I don't know why that has never angered.
"okay that's probably gross"
"Yup" Maybe I'm jealous. Noooo.
"Well I'm going to get going. I told Aubrey I was going to talk to her." Chloe said getting up.
"Good luck" I said hugging her "text me if you need me to come ok?"
"Yeah. You too. Text me if anything happens"
"Will do red" I said kissing her head.
"Bye" she said walking out the door.
"See ya"
I groaned not knowing what to do know. I sighed when i looked at the clock knowing Becca's shift doesn't end until an hour. To my luck Stacie had texted me.

Stace 😘- Alex can you come down to the party please?
Me- What's wrong?
Stace 😘- Nothing. Can you please?
Me- fine.

I grabbed the address Stacie gave me and walked to where the party was.
I searched through the crowd of people for Stacie but I couldn't find her. I suddenly was bumped into another body.
"Oh sorry my bad" I mentally groaned when I saw it was the same dude from this morning. "I remember you. You're the one with the fake girlfriend" he said laughing.
"She's not my fake girlfriend. Dude why can't you accept the fact that she's my girlfriend?" I asked a bit pissed off.
He laughed "I don't believe that you're gay" hmm. What if I am?
I got angry and dragged the dude who I now know is named Jacob around to find Stacie which wasn't that long. She was around a group of like six boys but she looked very uninterested. Weird.
"Guys leave my girlfriend the fuck alone, clearly she's bored by you and I'd appreciate if I get to spend time with MY girlfriend" I grabbed Stacie's hand and laced our fingers. "Jacob you know Stacie from this morning"
"Yeah I do. So prove to me you're actually dating" Sipping from his cup.
Stacie looked really confused but I made  her more confused by wrapping my arms around her neck and kissing her. At first she was surprised then her arms were around my waist and she kissed back. I saw the dude walk away and I smiled in victory. When we pulled away the first thing I said was "Will you be my real girlfriend?" She didn't reply she kissed me once more and for once my life felt content.

Hey guys so I finally opened up my schedule and I'm hoping on updating either every Thursday or Friday.
-Tiff