-Chapter-

I wore my favorite sundress, it was baby blue with thin straps. My footwear was nude pumps. I wore fake perils latched around my left wrist and a diamond ring for jewelry.

Today was the day, I thought. I sighed nervously as I left a note on the coffee table unless my mother came home early.

Going to my audition! -Violet xx :)

I grabbed my folder that held my background and my application and dashed out the door after sealing the house with a lock. I started walking the block when a car pulled beside me, "hey beautiful, want a ride?" I sharply nod my head, "no thank you."

The stranger's car speeded up and the wheels spitted water at me. I brushed it off, knowing it would dry. I kept walking and eventually made it to the studio. I pulled open the big glass doors and followed the signs, ending up in an auditorium. It had a large stage with instruments and six microphones.

I let out another nervous sigh and moved to the long line off stage. The line moves fast and faster as my nerves get more excuses to run out of the door.

Soon, it was my turn.

"Hi miss, I'm Simon. What musical talent will you do for us today?" the man smiled his hand reaching for the folder. My sweaty palms stretched out to hand him the folder.

"I w-will sing All of M-Me by J-John Legend," I whimpered. My sweaty palms started to shake as they grabbed a mic from its stand.

"Get out of my sight! I need someone confident from start to finish!" Simon yelled, saliva flying all over his small desk area, holding captive of my folder that was suddenly thrown at my forehead. He took a bite of his turkey sandwich that was on his left. "Next!" he yelled slightly calmer as I exit the stage, crying.

I walked home with teary red eyes and a torn folder due to Simon's throw. My mother was alerted by my cries, and hugged me tight. My mother tried to cheer me up with my favorite dinner, turkey sandwiches. That only remembered me more of the miserable day.

That was two years ago, my attempt at fame. Simon ruined it. That's what lead me to know I am today, a insecure depressed cutter. I quit school, since five of the most popular girls were there spread what happened and I got bullied. I don't take therapy or anything.

My life was simple, do nothing.

My mother gives me two thousand dollars at Easter and Christmas.

Enough for now, it's three in the morning and I only cut once, so I need to do some more.