Chapter Thirteen

Jacklyn

A few days have passed since the night he kissed me. It's the Fourth of July. Mike lets me sit in the front yard, watching the fireworks, but only under his close supervision. Close as in his arm securely wrapped around me.

This is perfect. This is progress. This means he's beginning to trust me more.

I can feel Mike's hawklike eyes on my face as a particularly big firework lights off. Placing a hand on my cheek, he gently turns my face to his. He leans in, pressing his lips to mine the way he did a few days ago. But this kiss is different. This is no simple peck.

He softly kisses my lips, and I kiss back, thankful he's not trying to shove his tongue down my throat. And the kiss begins to heat up, Mike lifting my body onto his so I'm straddling him. I almost didn't mind kissing him.

Almost.

But I continue on. Touching his tongue with my own, my arms wrap around his neck, and an occasional hand pressed against his hard chest.

I was a damn good actress.

Mike stands up while simultaneously throwing my body over his shoulder. I squeal in fake laughter and I can hear him chuckle as well. I stare longingly at the fireworks still lighting up the sky.

Mike walks up to the third floor of the house, gently throwing me down on the bed once we're inside his room with the door locked.

He slowly climbs on top of me, holding himself above me. His lips eagerly attack mine again, and I go with it. Even though my mind is being tortured with this, my body's natural response is to feel turned on.

Making out with Mike is intense. His hands trail up and down my body, never getting too close to my womanhood.

I had to be convincing. I had to make it seem like I wanted him.

So I place his hands on my breasts, pulling away to see his reaction. He looks at me unsurely, hesitantly pulling off my shirt once I nod at him. I try to calm my nerves.

He stares at my exposed cleavage with clear appreciation and awe. I didn't have the biggest breasts, but they weren't bad. His large hands cup them, and his lips immediately go to mine.

His hands knead my breasts and I swallow my pride before letting out a quiet moan. His lips trail down my neck, sucking above my collarbone. Letting out a louder moan, he stops and looks up at me, lust clear in his eyes.

"Your moan is the sexiest thing I've ever heard." He says huskily and begins to kiss my chest. I push on his chest and tug on his shirt, and he quickly pulls it over his head, throwing it to the side. I take a few moments to observe his chest.

And goddammit his body is so fine.

I run my hands down his chest, my fingers tracing his hard muscles. His eyes close at my touch. He leans back to down to kiss me.

Minutes pass of us just making out. When he starts to trail his hand to my womanhood I stop and pull away.

"I-I'm sorry, but I'm not ready." I said quietly, and I'm thankful when his face softens instead of getting of angry. He gives me a long, passionate kiss before pulling away slightly, resting his forehead on mine.

"I understand baby. You did so well tonight." I mentally cringe. I kiss the tip of his nose.

He stands up and we finish the usual nightly routine.

As we lay down, and Mike holds me even closer to him than usual, I'm ashamed to say that I enjoyed myself tonight.

But I quickly remind myself that I'm a hormonal teenager that happened to be making out with a very attractive male.

A very attractive male that is a murderer. Stalker. A cruel person.

I try to shut off my internal conflict and drift off to sleep.

When I wake up the next morning I remind myself what must be done. I cannot develop Stockholm Syndrome. I had to infiltrate Mike's heart and gain his trust, and completely shatter it. I had to kiss him and I had to act lovingly towards him. And if I had to give my virginity to him to make him completely trust me, then I will.

Because if I don't do it of my free will then he will take it away from me by force. And I'd prefer a one-time consensual intercourse that would allow me to escape instead of suffering a lifetime of rape.

I would be the one to decide my own fate. I couldn't leave that in Mike's hands.

At 4:00 p.m. Mike comes into the room.

"Come keep me company in my office." He says, and I smile and join him in his office.

Progress.

So for four more hours, I talk to Mike while he sorts through papers. I really felt like I was getting to know him. I'd never felt more accomplished.

That night entailed another make out session before bed.

As we laid in bed, I pretend to fall asleep, the first time I had "fallen asleep" before Mike. He kisses my forehead.

"I'm in love with you. Everything I do is to keep you safe and to keep you with me, where you belong. I don't ever want to hurt you again." He murmurs to me. He kisses my head one last time before drifting to sleep.

My head is spinning with the new information. So he confirmed it himself. He is in love with me.

But Mike isn't the kind of in-love person to let me be free, to let me back to my old life.

He's the selfish love. He only wants me to himself. He will never give me up. Which is why I have to leave myself.

And so as I actually fall asleep, I think of my family. It would've broke my heart if I knew that they were out in the city right that second, relentlessly searching for me. Calling out my name.

Wishing I was home with them.