Chapter Four

Jacklyn

"Jack Jack get up, I made you breakfast." Allan softly shakes my shoulder. I slowly open my eyes and sit up. I rub my face and pull the blanket off of me, standing up. My sweatshirt falls to my knees.

"I always forget how short you are." Allan teases me as I stretch. I glare at him.

"Not everyone is blessed enough to get the tall gene asshat." I say sarcastically and he laughs.

"I'll be downstairs, hurry up." He walks out of my room, shutting the door. I sit back on my bed and look around my room. I look out the window and notice a white square taped to it. I walk to the window, unlock it, and slide it open. I stick my arm out of the window and reach up, pulling it off the window. My heart sinks as I realize it's another note.

I yank it open, wanting to scream in frustration.

I'm not leaving your house again without you. I'm coming for you.

I close my eyes and breathe in deeply. I run down the stairs, sitting across from Allan at the table. He opens his mouth to say something but I beat him to it.

"I know you can't stay the rest of the day, so when are mom and dad coming home?" I question, sitting back against my chair.

He purses his lips. "Monday." My mouth drops.

"Two more days? Are you kidding me?"

"Jack Jack I know, I'm sorry I can't stay-"

"You can't leave me here alone!" I exclaim and throw the folded note at him. He opens it quickly and reads it, frowning deeply.

"Is this from Mike?" He asks and I nod.

"Okay, I'll stay until they get back. But I need to get my laptop and textbooks, I have a shit ton of essays to start writing." He sighs, and I smile. Allan's college was only forty-five minutes away. I'd be home alone for an hour and thirty minutes.

I could manage that.

I pile eggs and bacon onto my plate, tucking in. When I'n finished, I sip my orange juice, contemplating my situation.

"Oh, the police are stopping by 12:00 to get your entire story, so I'd shower if I were you. You definitely need it." Allan
says. I roll my eyes but smile, and stand up to take a shower.

"I'm gonna go run back to dorm to grab my shit, I should be back by the time they get here." He tells me, and I nod and walk upstairs. Before I get in the shower I hear Allan lock the front door and start his car.

I turn on my music and step into the steaming shower, my shoulders sagging as the hot water hits me. I wash my hair and body, turning off the shower and wringing my long hair out. I wrap my towel around me, and look at my phone. Damn, I took a fifteen minute shower. I never do that.

I unlock the bathroom door and walk to my bedroom. I'm reading Grace's worried texts as I open my door and shut it behind me. I stand in place for another moment before looking up, jumping up and screaming.

Mike is casually sitting on my bed, grinning evilly with his stupid perfect teeth. "Miss me babygirl?"

I immediately go to dial 911 but Mike interrupts me with the sound of a cocked pistol. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I freeze. "Now give me the phone." I hesitate and he raises the gun so it points directly at my head. I toss him the phone and he catches it effortlessly before throwing it out of the open window. I watch sadly as I hear it smack against the sidewalk. I'm a goner.

Mike smiles again. "Much better. You've seen me use this before." He taunts, admiring his sleek, black pistol. He stands and walks towards me. I reach behind me for the doorknob.