Fourteen

Clarke's POV

Humming quietly to myself I put on a little bit of makeup. I like the more natural look so I don't use much, just enough to accentuate.

Today's the day of the wedding and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I pin my hair into a cute updo, well try to anyways. Mason keeps playing with my hair making it difficult to get it to look right.

I giggle lightly when Mason accidentally pulls down a piece I just pinned. "Oops... sorry." He smiles sheepishly at me through the mirror placing both hands behind his back. "It's alright, just let me get through today then you can run your fingers through my hair as much as you'd like. Deal?" He smiles and vigorously nods his head, sitting down beside me.

"I don't see why you put on that stuff." Mason runs his knuckle lightly down the side of my face. "What stuff?" I ask slightly muffled because of the bobby pin hanging out my mouth.

"That paint." He scrunched up his face.

"You mean makeup?" I chuckle.

"Yeah why do you wear it? You're much prettier without it." He trailed his finger from my face into my hair but jerks away when he remembers he's not exactly supposed to do that yet.

"Well thank you but I don't think so." I look down.

Mason grabs my hand and looks into my eyes. "You are the most beautiful person on this earth, inside and out. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." I place my face into his shoulder to hide my blush. I know what he's saying isn't true, he's just trying to be nice.

"Stop doubting yourself." He whispers into my ear. I pull back and look at him, placing my hand on the side of his face. He grabs my hand that's on his face and leans his forehead against mine.

Mason lets out an uneven breath, closing his eyes and ever so slowly leaning forward. Just when his lips were about to touch mine someone knocks on the door causing me and him to both flinch. He looks at me with flushed cheeks and then goes invisible while I make my way to the door. Was he about to kiss me? On the lips? He's never done that before, I must have thought wrong. Why would he want to kiss me? I shake my head at my juvenile thoughts, of course he would never think of me like that.

I open my bedroom door and see my mother in a beautiful white dress. "Oh mother you look amazing." I smile at her.

"Thank you darling! I was wondering if you could work some magic with my hair? Can't seem to get it to cooperate." I nod and gesture for her to sit at my vanity.

_____________________

I stand beside my mother as the ceremony goes on. It's a small wedding, just a few of mom's coworkers and Oliver's grandparents. Apparently he was raised by them. His grandfather stands proudly beside him.

"If anyone here has a reason why these two should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace." Everyone looks around while there's an uncomfortable silence.

"Alright!" He priest clasps his hands together. "I now pronounce you, husband and wife, you may now kiss your bride!" Mom eagerly awaits Oliver's kiss as he leans close and connects their lips. I look down feeling kinda awkward watching my mom kiss someone. I look back at them, still kissing and meet Olivers eyes and immediately look back down. Why was he looking at me?! I've been through some pretty awkward situations but that one tops them all.

I can feel Mason rubbing my arm as they finally part lips. A chorus of cheers breaks throughout the small sanctuary.

_____________________