Twenty-two

2k reads yay!

It was decided we would go to a little fast food place close to the school.

After we place our orders the guys wait for the food as I choose a place to sit.

Now I'm a booth type of girl but all the booths were taken by other teens, probably coming from the football game as well. Sitting down at a table I run a napkin across the table top removing crumbs while cringing.

Dylan walks over with his food on a tray and sits beside me. "So did you have fun?" He asks unwrapping his food.

"I did." I lean my head on my hand looking out the window.

"Hey are you okay?" Dylan asks pushing his glasses up his nose.

I can't help the smile that spreads across my face because of how worried he's acting. "I'm fine, but thanks for asking." I lean my head on his shoulder looking up at him playfully.

Victor sets his tray down across from me causing us both to look at him. "I see you guys are getting friendly." He grumbles.

"Well yeah, Were friends. All three of us are." I motion my hand around us all while Victor sets my food in front of me. Even though I had planned on paying for my own food both boys insisted on doing it for me, Victor coming out on top.

"Yeah but you guys are like, really close."

"Well yeah, I'm acting as big brother over here." Dylan laughs wrapping his arm around my shoulders as Victor shoots him a vicious glare.

This is going to be fun.

_____________________

Victor pulls up in front of my house, parking his truck and turning to me. "I had a nice time." He smiles.

"Yeah it was nice, thank you for inviting me."

"How could I not? A pretty girl like you should be taken places, shown off." He smirks.

I look down blushing. "Well I better go inside, see you Monday."

"Bye." He waves with the same smirk as before.

I walk into the dark house locking the door behind me, making my way towards the stairs when someone grabs me from behind pulling me to a hard chest.

I start to screech but a hand clamps over my mouth. "Shhh sweetheart, we don't want your momma waking up now do we?" I immediately pull away.

"You scared me!" I hiss while Oliver just smirks, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"So did you have fun with that boy?" He questions raising an eyebrow.

"Yes as a matter of fact I did, thank you for asking." I reply walking into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"You know, you need to stop fooling around with boys." Oliver leans against the archway.

"Excuse me? I haven't been 'fooling around', I simply have friends, who happen to be of the male variety." I try to squeeze past him but he steps in my path causing me to halt, looking up into his blazing eyes.

"What you need is a man." His voice deeper. I'm so weirded out, I need to go to my room and lock the door.

"Yeah, well I don't need anyone but thanks anyways." I squeeze past him, sprinting up to my room locking the door. Mason grabs me from behind and buries his nose into my hair inhaling deeply.

"You've been quiet today." I put my hands over his that are resting on my stomach. He just hums in response.

I removed his hands and turn around to face him. "Why were you so quiet?" I whisper in confusion. Mason looks down in what I'm assuming is shame.

"I-I'm sorry angel, it's just. Well I... I have this problem. And I was having more trouble with it today than I usually do." He holds my tiny hands in his large ones.

"What's your problem? Maybe I can help yo-"

"No. You can't." He cuts me off looking down.

I place my hand on the side of his face "But Mason."

"No!" He shouts causing me to jump.

I slowly pull my hands away looking at the floor. "No, Clarke. I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell. It's just...well it, AUGH." He groans throwing his hands into his hair pulling hard. I nod and walk away grabbing my night clothes.

Mason rushes in front of me falling to his knees with his hands on my hips "I'm so sorry Clarke, just please trust me." He looks up at me with sincerity and worry in his beautiful golden eyes.

He obviously means well, I can't blame him for having personal problems after all. Everyone has them. I smile and nod, hugging him to me. Mason sighs in relief, resting his head on my chest while hugging me back.

I quickly change into my pjs with Mason facing the other way of course. When I get on the bed Mason is quick to turn around and engulf me into him with a smile of content on his face.

"I missed you today." I whisper tracing my finger through his soft feathers. Mason lifts my chin with his finger and kisses my cheek, ever so softly, lingering for a moment. He pulls away and whispers back "I missed you too angel, I'm so sorry."

I shake my head and twirl my fingers in his curls. "Everyone has coping mechanisms, that was just yours. Don't fret it."

Mason places his face on my chest as my eye lids get heavier. Mason whispers sweet nothings slowly moving his head closer to my neck and the last thing I hear before I drift off is "I love you."

___________________

I wake up feeling excruciating pain, shooting through my abdomen. I sit up to see blood on the bed.

Curse you Mother Nature.

Mason sits up noticing my disgruntled face."W-what's wrong baby?" He questions sounding worried.

I lay on my side and curl up, now feeling the pain in my lower back as well. "Oh.." I blush hiding my face. Oh great, now he's going to be grossed out and stay away from me for a whole week.

Mason gets out of bed and walks out of the room. I'm in to much pain to even question what he's doing, all I want is for him to come back and ease the pain.

I feel strong arms pick me up and carry me to the bathroom. Mason sits me on the toilet the hands me some tylenol and a glass of water. He turns on the hot shower "call me if you need help okay?" I nod as he leaves. I take my shower, the hot water helping somewhat.

When I step out there's a whole new set of clothes, obviously because the last set was bloody. I walk out and into my room to see the sheets changed as well. Mason walks in behind me, lifting me into the air and on the bed. He lays beside me holding me close, rubbing my back while I cling to him.

"Thank you so much." I mutter against his chest. I'm glad he wasn't grossed out.

"Do you feel better?" He questions using his wings to continue rubbing my back as his hands move to brush the hair out of my face, then cupping my cheek lovingly.

"Much better." I yawn.

"Go to sleep little one, its five am. You still have plenty of time to sleep." He kisses my forehead.

(A/N) I'm sorry, I know this is a sucky chapter but it will get better.

Thanks for reading!

Jo🥀