Chapter Four

- Chapter Four -

*Carrie's POV*

I hesitated slightly before knocking in the old door. I was probably making a big mistake but I had no where else to stay and I was definitely not staying with Ashton and his friends. I'm pretty sure they don't like me after I made him freak out and didn't even tell them why.

The door opened and I fell into the woman's arms, her tears falling onto my shoulder. "C-C-Carrie?" The woman pulled away and held me at arms length.

"I'm so sorry mother." I cried. She pulled me into another hug and then ushered me inside.

"Sit down, sit down darling, I'll grab some tea." She disappeared into the kitchen as I sat down on the familiar couch. Soon she returned with two mugs in her hands and she handed one to me before sitting right next to me.

"You seem to be taking this way too well." I say, slightly concerned.

"If somehow your daughter was returned to you one year after she died you wouldn't question it, you would just be grateful to the world and never let her out of your sight again." She laughed. I could feel a space in my heart filling as she smiled as she stared at me as I sipped my tea.

"I think I'm back to make Ashton pay for what he did." I admitted.

"I think you should go look at your room, it's the same as how you left it."

I slowly walk down the corridor and admire how little things had changed in the one year I was gone. As I enter my old room I'm shocked even though my mother warned me. It was still exactly the same. The walls were covered in band posters and pictures of Ashton and I. Clothes were scattered all over the floor from outfits I had considered wearing on my date with Ashton. I sat cross-legged on my messy bed and picked up the phone that was sitting on my pillow. There were nearly five-hundred unread messages. Should I read them?

I clicked on Ashton's name and scrolled to the first message from the day after I died. I read nearly one hundred messages from him starting with him questioning if my death was a dream, praying that he would turn up at my house and I would be safe and asleep in bed. Then as time went on he got angry, angry at himself and angry at the world. Finally the texts got sadder. He was asking why I was the one who died instead of him, he was considering joining me in heaven. But then the last text was from the day before I returned; he said that he had decided to move on in life because he thought 'that was what I would have wanted'.

I didn't even realise I was crying until my mother came into the room and held me in her arms. I stayed for ages just enjoying her earthly scent and the warm radiating from her body and the feeling of her breath on my neck.

"I missed you more than you could ever imagine." She finally broke the silence. "What was it like... after death?"

"I watched my death over and over and over." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry." She started to cry again. "I'm never letting you go again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short filler chapter because I felt like putting something up even if it was shit

Please vote, comment or whatever it mean's a lot to me :)