Chapter 3

"Are you going to get ready at Betty's house with me?" Veronica asked through the phone. I'm not gonna lie, it felt weird having a dance on the first day of school and going to someone house that I've only known for 7 hours. I cleared my throat and spoke.

"Yes but, it's going to be weird and awkward with Jughead as my 'date' tonight." I said while sitting on my bed.

"How so?" she asked. I sighed and walked over to my closet to look for something to wear.

"I don't know anything about him." I say while shifting through my closet.

"Yeah, but he obviously likes you if he said yes. How about this? Don't talk to him unless he comes up to you. And if he asks why you didn't come up to him before, just say that you thought he was joking." She said.

"But then he'll feel bad." I said while putting a dress on my bed.

"Oh god, Ari. you do what you want." she laughed. I rolled my eyes and closed my closet door.

"Yeah yeah. I'm gonna head over to Betty's house now." I said while placing my dress and shoes in a bag.

"Okay, I'll be there in like 10 minutes. I'll see you there." With that I hung up and went downstairs.

"Mom, I'm leaving." I said while walking into the kitchen.

"Okay honey. Can you call me when you get there?" I nod and kiss her cheek. I walk into the garage and pick the Audi to take to Betty's house.

I get into the car, and carefully place my bag on top of the passengers seat and take off

I get into the car, and carefully place my bag on top of the passengers seat and take off. I follow the directions given to me by Betty, and reach her house in 3 minutes. Well, thats mainly because I was speeding. It's 4:52 and the dance starts at 7:00. I walk up her doorstep and ring the door bell. While I'm waiting for her to answer, I take my phone out and text my mom that I arrived safely. The door opens, and Betty eargerly pulls me into the house and up to her room.

"Yeah, my day what fine. How was yours?" I asked sarcatsically.

"There's no time for that Ari. We need to get ready." She pulled me to her vanity and took my dress out the bag.

"Do you want to do your make up here, or can I?" I ask while pushing my hair out my face.

"You can do your make up there, Ronnie can do it at my stand up mirror, and I'll do it at my full length mirror." I nodded my head and got my make up bag out. The doorbell rang and Betty squealed while rushing down the stairs.

"Damn, she really needs to chill." I wisper and put my hair into a messy bun and arranged my makeup on the desk.

"No need to be sad, Ronnie is here!" Veronica yelled while she sat on the bed. I smiled and looked over at her.

"That makes me sad." I joke while applying my eye shadow.

"Woah, woah, woah. Are you going to use that Foundation and concealar?" Betty asked me. Veronica looked over and stared at the bottle on the table.