Chapter 4

Six. That's how many bad thoughts I've had since I've been at this dance. There are so many idiots that go to this school and I don't know how I'm going to survive this year. I have no more patience for people, but other than that, I'm actually enjoying myself with Jughead.

"Uhm, Archie's looking at you." Jughead said, then cleared his throat. I looked over at him, and sure enough he was staring. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me then took a sip of his juice.

"Yeah, he's just Archie." I said while leaning back in my seat.

"So, I've been talking about me all night. Can you tell me about yourself?" He asks. I put a lose strand of hair behind my ear, showing off my cartlage piercing and he seems to notice because he smirks.

"So, what do you wanna know." I said while leaning towards him a bit.

"Well, other than the fact that your British, who are you?" He asks. I take a deep breath and let it out.

"Well, me and my mum moved here a few weeks ago from London. I'm an only child. I have-" I was cut off when Archie came.

"Hey." He says while sitting down on a chair next to me.

"oh, uhm hey." I say while eyeing Jughead.

"I was wondering if you wanted to dance." he asked while adjusting his sleeve.

"I-uhm, I'd love to." I said while looking at Archie, but I turned to Jughead to continue." But, I'm kind of in the middle of a conversation with Juggy here." I said while smiling at Jughead. His eyes visibly lightened a shade and he turned to Archie.

"Maybe later. Pal." He said while smiling at me. I smiled sadly at Archie as he left.

"I feel bad now." I say while looking at Archie walk to Betty.

"You can go, you know." He said while running his hand through his hair.

"No, it's fine. I was talking to you first." I say while watching his hand go through his hair. He clears his throat and places both elbows on the table.

"So, continue. You're an only child and.." He trails off and looks at me intently.

"Well there really isn't anything else." I say while placing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay. Well, which of you cars is your favorite?" I immediately smile at his question.

"I have a Subaru that I used to r-" I catch my self in the middle of my sentence and clear my throat. "That I used to mess around with." I say while pulling my hair to the back of my neck. I pull my dress up when i notice to much clevage is showing, and cross my legs under the table.

"Are you going to Cheryl's after party?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders and answer him.

"She's a bitch so I don't really know." I say while rolling my eyes.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way." I laugh and place my phone in the other hand while standing up.

"Do you wanna dance?" I ask. He looks at me for a second then smirks.

"Yeah, why not?" I laugh and he takes my hand then leads me to dance floor. I could feel the butterflies rise in my stomach, and my palms getting sweaty. I'm not sure why I'm getting nervous, he's my friend. As we walked to the dance floor, I started to think of when my next race is.

"God, I hate this song." He said referring to Closer by the Chainsmokers and Halsey. I smiled and nodded.

"Me too." He put his hands on my waist and I placed mine on his shoulder. We danced to the beat of the music juts like everyone else did. He cracked a few jokes while I laughed and kept my eye on the time.

"I'm going to check up on Betty and Veronica, okay?" I asked while removing my hand from his shoulders. he kept his hands on my waist until he responded.

"Alright, I'll be at the table." He removed his hands from my waist and scratched the back of his neck. I walked towards my friends and I tap Betty on the back.

"What's going on?" I ask. She smiles at me and leads me to a corner.

"I should be asking you that. What's up with you and Juggy? I saw you two dancing."

"Yeah, yeah." I say, waving her off.

"Are you gonna take him to the after party?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"I think we are going to stay just friends." I smile sadly at her. She scrunches up her eyebrows, then starts laughing.

"Dude, he obviously likes you if he came. I haven't seen Jughead at a school dance since 5th grade." I take a deep breath and look over to him. He's running his hands through his hair and looking around.

"I don't think so, Betty." I say while walking to Veronica.

"So, I see you and Juggy." She wiggles her eyebrows and I sigh.

"It's not going anywhere. At least I don't think."

"Aw, too bad." she smiles sadly at me and takes a sip of her drink.

"I'm going to go back to him." I say while turning around. As I turn around, I bump into Archie.

"Ready for that dance now?" I sigh and look over to Jughead and we make I contact. I smile sadly at him and turn to Archie.

"Okay." He leads me to the dancefloor and we dance to Wild Thoughts by Rhianna. I look over at Jughead and he's walking out the building. I scrunch my eyebrows and let go of Archie.

"I'll be back." I say and go after Jughead.

"Jughead." I say. He ignores me. "Jughead." I say a little louder and pick up my speed until I'm almost running. "God, Jughead!" I say when I finally grab his shoulder and turn him around.

"What?" He says and shrugs my hand off his shoulder.

"What are you doing? Why are you leaving?" I ask and cross my my arms over my chest.

"I took you to the dance. The dance is over. My job here is done." He says and turns around. I grab him and pull him back to me.

"Well, I though we-"

"You thought we could what, Arianna? Go to Cheryls after party together?" I stare at him dumbfoundely until he speaks again.

"Oh, wow. You actually did think that." He says and laughs dryly.

"You know what? Fine. Be a dick. Think that I care."  I say and walk to my car. What the hell is his problem? I turn my car on and speed down the road to my house. The minute I get home, I take me hells off and throw them on the floor.

"UGh!" I yell and stomp up the stairs to my room. I put my hair in a messy bun on top of my head and I accidentally leave a piece of hair out by my forehead and try to push it back until I realise it wont go back and I sigh. I change out of my dress and put on my pajams. Next, I
take my makeup off and turn some music on. I open my curtains and was about to open my window, until I saw who lives next to me. Jughead Jones lives next to me.