[butterfly]

Jimin walks around on the grass and caresses the flowers near the bushes. He breathes in the sweet scent of the azaleas during the bright spring day. As he exhales, he falls to the ground and lays down on the soft grass. Running his fingers through the blades, he looks up to the sky. The clouds shape shift into different forms and help him get his mind off things.

Stretching his arms out, he tries to touch the sky and the clouds above, but he hesitates. Mid-air, his arms decide to rest beneath his head and Jimin sighs.

It's been a couple weeks since the incident back in Incheon. Ever since that day, Jimin's been avoiding certain places and certain people because he doesn't want anything to trigger his mind back to the tragedy. He hasn't talked to any of his hyungs since but they continue to spam his phone with texts and phone calls and they try to include him in all the activities and conversations. Of course, he shows up to practice and all but he doesn't speak to any of them during breaks. Jimin just bows to show his respect to his hyungs, but once practice ends, he's out the door.

Lo and behold, he's in the one place he shouldn't be at: Daegu. Jimin doesn't know what compelled him to take a train all the way from Seoul to Daegu, but here he is. After he got off the train, he called a taxi to lead him to a playground, but not just any playground, his playground.

Lifting himself up, he strolls around slowly and finds himself by the swings. He grips the chains and hopes he can feel his touch on the chains. Jimin closes his eyes and he can hear the sweet sound of his laughter the day they came here. The day they finally came here.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •

"Hyung!" He rushes towards Jimin and hugs him. "This...this is my favorite place in the whole world!" He blushes. "But the beach comes in a close second."

Jimin looks around to the others. Namjoon and Seokjin are standing on the seesaw, attempting to put the other off balance. Yoongi is under a tree, taking a nap while Hoseok...is being Hoseok and trying to wake Yoongi up so that they can play together. He chuckles at the sight before him and how wonderful it is to be around the people he loves.

He pats the younger boy's head and reciprocates the hug. "This place is wonderful. I can see why you love it here," he beams down at the maknae.

"This can all be our favorite place, you know? I know it's a bit of a drive from Seoul, but if we ever want to come to Daegu, this can be where we go. It can be Bangtan's favorite place in the whole wide world!" He lets go of Jimin in order to spread his arms out wide. "I'll love this place even more now that I can share it with my hyungs!"

Chuckling, Jimin pokes the younger boy and yells out, "Tag! You're it!" For an hour, all the boys play games they grew up with, even Yoongi joins in once he wakes up from his nap. They eat lunch on a blanket and allow themselves to eat up the spring day's radiant sunlight.

"I wish we can stay like this forever," he says, dozing off in Jimin's lap.

"I wish for the same thing TaeTae," Jimin whispers as he watches the younger boy fall asleep.

•  •  •  •  •

Sitting on the swing, Jimin pumps his legs back and forth, trying to feel the same exhilaration and wonder that the maknae felt when he was swinging. The higher Jimin swings the sadder he feels as he can hear Taehyung's voice ringing throughout the park. Losing focus, Jimin lets go and falls to the ground, crying. "TaeTae, I miss you so much... Mianhae...," he sobs out. In front of his eyes, a butterfly soars past him and he watches it go by with salty tears still falling down his face.

---------------------------------------------