[rain]

For weeks, the four hyungs tirelessly plan Bangtan's birthday without Jimin's help. Even if Jimin wanted to help—or had the urge to do anything besides eat, sleep, and dance—they wouldn't want it because they need to keep this a surprise for Jimin. Yoongi's been taking the lead in this whole entire endeavor which takes the others by surprise because they've only seen him this passionate about his music. Therefore, they know this year's birthday means a lot to Yoongi, so everyone takes the planning seriously.

"I know this might not be the best thing to say," Hoseok starts off the night before the birthday as the hyungs sat at the dining table while Jimin's at the dance studio, "but I'm having a sense of déjà vu right now. Like this reminds me so much of when we were planning..." He tenses up as he looks at Yoongi who's scowling at him right now, but Hoseok continues with his thought anyways. "When we were planning Taehyung's...birthday..."

The room goes silent as Hoseok finally voices the same thought everyone else has in the room. Yoongi closes his eyes and turns his head away from the others, counting to ten to stop himself from breaking down. Seokjin bites his lip almost to the point of pricking it while Namjoon sighs and smiles sadly.

"As the days go by, I miss him more than ever." Hoseok glances at his hands in his lap, feeling helpless as his mind flashes back to the incident. "Hell, I even miss Baekhyun to be honest. He was—" his eyes widen as he uses the past tense, "he's actually a lot of fun. I just miss our maknae so much."

"Of course I miss him too," Namjoon whispers. "Sometimes, I wish I did more that day. Then, every day, I wish I did more for him while he was still here." His hands curl up into fists as anguish takes over his entire body. The feeling of regret washes over him as he realizes that everything he could've—should've—done can never be done. Everything's over.

"Well, we can't dwell on the past like this. We'll never get anything done if we do," Seokjin speaks up for the first time the entire night. From everyone's perspective, Seokjin appears pensive, like he's been thinking deeply about something the entire day. Yet no one decides to question Seokjin about what it could be; they just let him be.

"I already got everything shipped over for the big day tomorrow. Everything's set now. Nobody forgot anything right?" Yoongi gazes at each of the boys and they all shake their heads. "Good. The flight leaves around 7-shi so we have to be up bright and early. Seokjin hyung," he turns his head to his elder, "you're driving us to Gimpo Airport and we're going to have the car parked in the garage until we come back from the weekend. From there, we'll go through the airport procedures and hop on our flight. I say we leave around 4-shi so we can get there early and go through security check with ease. We can take rounds for napping while we wait for the flight. The flight's about an hour and a half so we can all get a decent nap in there. Everyone knows the game plan for the actual day though, right?"

They all nod.

"Great." Yoongi smiles and places his hand in the middle of the table. Everyone follows in suit. "For Mochi."

"For ChimChim!" They all exclaim.

•  •  •  •  •

The next morning, everyone wakes up before their alarms, except for Jimin. They decided last night that Jimin would be the last one they'd wake up, but of course, they'd make sure he had time to get ready. At the same time, they want to wake up the younger boy in the most obnoxious way possible. Seokjin and Namjoon grab some pots and pans from the kitchen and Yoongi grabs a flashlight.

Quietly, they enter the room that Jimin used to share with Taehyung while Hoseok stays behind at the door. Namjoon whispers, "Han, dul, set!" Namjoon and Seokjin bang the pots and pans and Hoseok jumps onto Jimin's bed. As that's going on, Yoongi flicks the flashlight on and off repeatedly.