Chapter Three

He was so much more beautiful than I was. I didn't understand his interest at all, but it was so amazing that I didn't want to give it up. We hung out a lot more through the span of weeks, he even met my parents, they both thought he was adorable, my mom told me to ask him to be my boyfriend. No matter how much I desperately wanted that, I didn't want Vaughan not feeling the same way. Things were so free and careless with him, no thinking required, and my brain could use the break.

"Zelda." Vaughan said excitedly when I got to my car.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Let's go to the library." He sat in the driver's seat and took my keys. I got in on the passenger's side and just let it happen. He drove smoothly to the library and dragged me in with him. "This where I work." He said walking into an office and closing the door. The office had Vaughan's name written all over it. The was a desk with books stacked on top of it and a corner full of scatter pillows next to a bean bag. I sat on the bean bag after grabbing a book and began reading. He sat at his desk and started typing.

"What are you typing?"

"Just taking inventory." He said. For the next while he continued glancing at me. He on the pillows next to me and pulled me on top of him, I giggled and he did along with me. He stared into my eyes again, breathing softly. I got off of him and smiled.

"Ridiculous."

"What is?" He asked.

He got closer to me, "Vaughan..." I said, he kisses me. Only to part for laughter and kisses me again. I hug his body close to mine, fighting back the smile trying to creep across my lips. I pulled away, "Um, I gotta go." I said, gathering my things.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"You didn't, I just...I gotta go." I said quickly.

"Zelda, you can't be scared whenever someone likes you, you're beautiful, it's bound to happen."

Well, Vaughan, the last time someone liked me, I was hurt.