Part 1: The Ride That Started It All

Do you ever wonder what it will be like when you finally find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. . . no no no that's too cheesy and cliché. Have you... no... will you...no. Ok how about this, when you find your other half what would you do to keep them.

"Annnnnnnnd done. . . with the first paragraph." Max said with a smirk knowing this is just a very small step on a very long road. "My first book," Max exclaimed with a certain look of wonder in his eyes almost not believing that something like this could actually happen to him.

Putting words to paper and culminating your knowledge for the next generation is truly something profound, Max smiled remembering his old English teacher saying that at one point but to Max writing was less about that and more of a fun little exercise that helped him express his ideas.

As Max reclined in his chair he caught a glance at the time. "Shit, I am late," Max said as I quickly got up and crammed his papers and laptop into his computer bag then made his way towards the door.

Max quickly ran to the train station quietly sewering under his breath not believing he let himself get so wrapped up in another one of his silly sorties that he possibly just ruined the best opportunity of his life. . . a job. Now this job just wasn't any job old job, oh no no this his dream job. "I can finally be in an established medical institution and do work that really benefits the world.

Max smiled and waged some at the thought of this job, he this in an unusual display of pride stopped in front of one of the reflective surfaces in the train station. He smiles as he posed and even growled a bit then stopped and really looked at himself. He started to wonder why no one just doesn't stop and take in all they are and all they are worth then as soon as it began his mind shifted back to how he physically looked. "mumm six foot, thin, smart and if I do say so myself the best markings any Siberian Husky has ever had." Max smiled and thought if they don't hire me based on skill they will on looks.

Max wagged happily and contently as he made his way onto the train no longer worried about the train, knowing in his heart he had the job and nothing could take it away. As luck would have it as soon as stepped into the train the doors closed. "Nick of time, eh." He said to himself and took this, along with everything else as a good omen, this will be a good day, no this will be the day that starts my new life.

Max couldn't help but to smile at everyone and everything that he passed by, and if you know anything about big cities when you see some man on a train smiling like he just won the lottery you either think he's crazy or high. A few of the furs that passed gave him a funny look or pulled their cubs closer to them in fear of the crazy German Shepard.

But one of these furs was different that the rest, he smiled back and looked at him in a somewhat longing way. The white wolf walked over to Max in only a few strides.

"Hi, the name is Jake." the massive white wolf said with a smile. Max eeped and looked up at him very intimidated by his stature and out and out confidence.

All of the confidence leaked out of Max along with something else that caused Max to blush.

Jake looked down confused then his nose twitched and he eyed Max a little closer and said in a softer much more soothing voice. "Hey I am sorry little guy, I didn't mean to scare you."