Kai x Reader | Cream

Requested by yakitori_sama

The scent was what led him into the shop. The little bell above the door rung in his ears as soon as he entered. The only two things that caught his eye were the fluffy-looking treats and you.

He saw you through the tiny window of the kitchen with a smile on your face. Then you came out the door with a tray of hot goodies. You put it in the glass counter for display, and after that you wiped your hands on your apron.

Once you looked up; that's when your eyes met. You quickly snapped out of your trance and approached him.

'Welcome, sir! Come, I'll bring you to an available seat.'

So he (finally) got a close-up view of you, but he noticed your forehead bathing in sweat.

Once you made sure he was comfortable in his seat, you rushed off to get him some fresh treats. You came back with a plate of five macaroons with different colors and three pieces of Éclair.

'These two are our best top sellers, you should try them!'

You being you as usual, always get friendly with new customers and sit with them (the shop doesn't have any single-seat tables). This has happened many times before.

With an eager grin, you watch him take a bite out of a violet macaroon.
From the kitchen, a few of the other patiessiers snicker at this habit of yours.

'There she goes again.'

'And it's with a really cute boy this time...'

The boy's eyes beamed with content. Your grin grows bigger as he makes a hum of satisfaction.

'Do you like them?'

'They're so soft...'

'I'll take that as a yes!'

Before anything else, one of your colleagues called you back into the kitchen.
Kai goes on to finish the rest of the treats.

She's really working hard, he thought with a small smile.

He looks around the patisserie, he notices the wall beside him had a rainbow macaroon mural. It was the biggest painting, and it stood out the most.

As soon as he finished the plate, that's also when you came back.

'I'm Y/n, by the way!'

The blond opens his mouth to introduce himself, but you interrupted him.

'Er...you got a little cream on your face.'

You lean closer to wipe it off his mouth. After realizing what you've done, you immediately pulled back with a red-tinted face.

'My name is Kai.'

A few months later...

With your hands intertwined, you and Kai take a walk around town.

'Hey, Kai.'

'What is it?'

'You remember that place?'

You pointed to the pastry shop where you used to work. Kai nods at this.

The little bell above the door rung in your ears as soon as you entered. Memories started to flood in your mind when you sat at the same place by the wall with the rainbow macaroon mural.

Those moments you spent with Kai in the patisserie shop where you first met.

The End.