Chapter 2

Jake's Pov

I jolt awake breathing heavy. I look around the room and then let out a sigh.

It was just a dream. It was all just a dream. I haven't had a dream like that since...my mother died....

I let out a sigh and then look at my hands. That's when i feel something or rather someone next to me. I turn to my right to see a sleeping Carl.

Oh that's right. I forgot that he was sleeping in here with me. I let a smile fall on to my lips. I totally forgot that he was in here.

I turn back around to see the clock on my dresser reads 6:30 a.m.

I let out another sigh. I guess since I'm already up I might as well take a shower.

With that thought in my head I very quietly get out of bed so that I don't wake Carl up. I head to my closet and I pull out a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I then grab some boxers and head to the bathroom.

As I stand under the shower hose I let the water run down my body for the first few minutes allowing the water to wake me up a little.

After I get dress I walk back into my room to see that carl is still asleep.

I walk over to my my dresser and I grab my pistol holsters and clip one to my right thigh and then one on my left thigh. I then place my two pistols in their rightful place.

I then walk out of my room closing the door behind me and walking down into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate.

After two minutes of being in the microwave I make my way to the front porch sitting down on the bench in front of the house.

As I'm sipping away at my cup of hot chocolate I see a few walkers walk past the fence but that's about it.

That's when I hear the front door open and I turn my head to see Carl walking towards me. He's still wearing his night clothes.

He plops down next to me with a thump.

"How come you didn't change?" I ask him with confusion.

"This is your place...I didn't want to start digging through your stuff." He says looking me in the eyes.

I stare into his for what feels like hours. I could get lost in those waves of blue....shut up Jake stop being weird.

I'm pulled from my trance by the front door being opened once again.

Both Carl and I turn to look who it was that opened the door. That's when I see Courtney with her bow and arrows strapped to her back.

"You going hunting?" I ask.

"Yeah...we're almost out so I thought I would try and get us a boar or maybe another deer." She says and I lick my lips. "I haven't had boar in weeks." I say. She smiles at that. "Maybe Mandy and I will bring one back." She says with a smirk.

"Well where is Mandy?"

"She left awhile ago to scout ahead." She says walking toward the gate.

"Hey you be careful!" I say to her as she shuts the gate. "I always am!" She screams back.

I chuckle and then turn back to Carl. He looks at me confused. "What's wrong?"

He shakes his head like he was in another world and he was trying to get away from it. "Nothing it's just...there's no forest around here, so where is she going?"

"Oh well there's a forest about 3 miles that way." I say pointing towards my left.

He slowly nods his head in understanding.