Chapter 3

Josie's POV:

"wrong?" I say trying my best to point at her tears.

"Nothing. I'm just happy you are all right." she try's her best smile.

I guess she sees that I don't believe her because she starts crying again. A man comes in he is in blue jeans and a worn white t-shirt.

" Hey baby girl, how you doing?" the man talks to me like he has know me forever.

"Who he?" I've been trying my best to make complete sentences.

The man frowns and when he talks he sounds very disappointed.

" I'm your father. " oh.

I smile and he smiles back. The woman looks anxious.

"I'm your mother." she blurts out.

I smile again and she smiles and lets out a little laugh. Now it makes sense why she has been here this whole time. Another man comes in, he is dressed in what looks like a white long sleeved button up dress and white pants. He too has blue gloves. He comes over to the people that claimed they were my parents, and leaned down to whisper something to them. He looks over and realizes that I am watching and asks them to step out in the hall with him, oh great. I lay there for the rest of the night wondering if they were ever going to come back. A nurse comes in a couple of times offering me food, I deny every time. My parents never come. Being alone gives me time to think. Why am I even here? Why do I hurt so bad? Why can't I talk? I guess when I'm better I can get the answers. I barely sleep at all that night but I do eventually fall asleep by crying myself to sleep. My parents came in and told me I would probably have to go through a series of surgeries and my burns and cuts will scar. Badly.