Chapter 7

Officer Gardie' s POV:

Me and a couple other cops and me were at the scene of the accident and we rummaging through the piles of trash and officer Pete told us that he found something. I said hang on I'm coming and when I did go over, I seen something white and it looked like glass. I Put on some gloves and then picked it up. It was a phone. Hmm. I turned it on and seen it was Josie's phone. Good now we have something from the accident other than her.

" Hey guys I'm gonna take this back to the office. You guys keep looking. Ok?"

" Sure Barry, knock yourself out. It's probably just someone else's. " Pete says in disbelief.

I laugh " Pete I've probably figured out most of the cases we've had and you have barely solved one, and you're questioning me? Ha!"

" Whatever Barry. "

I head back to my police car. I shove the phone in my breast pocket then I go under the police tape. I grab the car door handle then notice there is only two car and four people.

" Oh yeah Pete you're gonna have to take officer Garry and officer Dawn with ya. " I yell across the field.

" Dang it Berry!" he screamed.

" Sorry Petey but I gotta run. " I chuckled. I turned back and faced my car. Something felt weird. Like someone was watching me. I started walking again I was hesitant, but I kept walking. I opened the car door and slammed the door shut then shoved the key in the keyhole. I started my car and started heading back to the police station.

-

-

-

When I finally ended up at the police station it is practically empty just me and a couple other officers. I took the phone back to my office and sat down. I tossed the phone onto the desk and looked at it. I sighed. Hard to tell why this happened to her. I mean come on the poor girl was only fifteen. Probably a prank gone wrong. I leaned forward and picked up the phone searching for the power button. Once I finally found it I clicked it on and a screen popped up that said 6:04. Hmm we haven't been searching that long we started search at 5:50. There was a picture on the screen too. It was of Josie and two other younger looking girls. While one of the girls looked happy to be there the other was caught, rolling her eyes, by the camera. Hmm I'll have to do a little research on the other girls to figure out who they were. I slide the little arrow that said "slide to unlock" there was a new background. It was of Josie and a boy holding hands in matching sweatshirts. Then there was the same girl in the background, but this time she had her mouth opens and a finger pointing to her mouth like she was gagging herself. I got the idea that she wasn't to fond of Josie.

" What are we workn' with Bear?" Officer Harreld called from the doorframe.

"Oh hey! Just trying to see if this is the phone we are looking for. " I answer back.

" Okay. I just didn't realize there was anyone els in the building other than me, Jerry and Daniel. I didn't even hear you come in."

" Ha," I laugh " Guess that would've been bad if I wasn't who I am."

" What do ya mean?"

" You know. Like if I was a bad guy. " I give him a concerned look.

"Oh yeah, I guess." he says looking down at his feet.

" Are you all right? You seem a little... glum. "

"Yeah I'm fine just Mrs. Bree called and said Josie was in the hospital. I just wish we could help them out a little you know?"

He must not have noticed that I had the phone.

"Well I might just have something that can help them. Pete and I were looking at the site and found this phone. " I said with a bit of excitement. " I'm checking it out now. "

" Good. Hopefully we something nice to tell them. " He sighs. We exchange quick smiles and he turns and leaves. I get back to the phone. I turn it back on and then slide to unlock. There was a little green icon on the bottom that said messages. I clicked on it. A few names popped up but none of them really caught my eye. I pushed the round circle button at the bottom of the phone and it took me back to the main screen. Nothing else really, just a few games and other things. But there was a calendar so I pressed it. A few events like birthdays and stuff. there was a party that was the day she was in the accident. It had the address on there, I'll check the place out. I scratch down the address and them got get in my car. I'll just take the phone to Mrs. Bree to see if she knows anything.