Short One: Holly Jolly Christmas Crossover

To _bloopitybloop: Ever since you magically appeared and became the newest member of our Holly Jolly Nerd Group, I've had such a great time getting to know you. And to show my love and caring for you, my good friend, I present a Gravity Rises and Over the Garden Wall Christmas one-shot crossover. I hope I filled it with enough cuteness! Merry Christmas,

Your Secret Santa

/The following is about as canon as Bill Cipher having the capacity for romance; that is to say, not canon in the slightest

/The following is about as canon as Bill Cipher having the capacity for romance; that is to say, not canon in the slightest. No information in this passage may be used for theories, character analyses, or timelines./

When a firm knock sounded on the door, Mabel Pines didn't get up to answer it. She stayed sitting on the floor, twisting her candy cane around in her mouth, as her twin brother jumped to his feet and raced to the door. Fourteen years with Dipper had taught her to always be the second one up, lest you get trampled. Especially when they were expecting company.

By the time Mabel got to the door, it was already open, and their guests were stepping in and stomping their snowy boots onto the rug.

"Hey guys!" Mabel said, grinning and approaching them. Wirt grinned back when he saw her, tugging his coat off. His cheeks were flushed with the cold, and tufts of hair stuck out from under his knit cap.

"Hi Mabel!" he said.

"Hi Mabel!" his little brother, Greg, repeated.

"I'm so happy you guys could come! We were just about to break out the hot cocoa."

"Ooh, we were?" Dipper asked excitedly. He turned back to the boys. "Hey, Greg, wanna come see what I got?"

"Yes!" Greg replied. "We're not gonna open presents until we get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a frog friend for Jason Funderburker." The seven-year-old had a clearer voice than he did last year, but still had that cute little stutter. "I had to leave him home, but he says hi."

"Tell him I say hi back," Dipper said, taking Greg's coat from him and hanging it on the coat rack. "Come on!"

The two boys raced out of the entry way, and the coat fell off the rack.

Wirt chuckled as Mabel stuck her candy cane in her mouth and bent down to pick up the coat. "He's not getting another frog. Our parents already had a hard time accepting the first one."

"Same," Mabel said, taking her candy cane out to talk. "Except with Dipper's pig." The two laughed together as they hung the coats on the rack.

"So how has your Christmas been?" Wirt asked. He always tilted his head a little when he asked a question. Mabel liked that.

"It's been great," Mabel said. She put her candy cane in her mouth again. "Lots of candy."

Wirt put his hands in his pockets and the two started for the living room. "Yeah, with candy and a Christmas tree, what else do you need?"