14 xx

Emma's POV
My mom decided to drive me to school today which is a change for once.I take out my phone and snap a quick selfie.
"You are always on your phone" my mom says shaking her head but smiling at the same time.
"It's how I Iive" I say sarcastically and laugh as I turn up the radio and sing to "Wild Thoughts" blasting through the speakers.
"WILD WILD WILD!" I scream and laugh as my mom looks annoyed pretending not to hear me scream basically right next to her ear.
I turn down the radio and pull back out my phone.I click on the selfie I just took and posted it on Instagram.I wanted Monty to see it.And see if he'll comment something or not.

A couple minutes in the car go by and all I keep doing is refreshing my page to see any comments.I finally see heart eyes and freak out on who commented.
It was Hannah.I sit back down in the car chair and lean back as if I'm drained and make a loud groan in the car.

My mom looked at me and laughed as if it was funny that I'm in frustration."Whats wrong?" She says with a smile.I can tell she was about to laugh."Nothing" I say as a cover up and lean my head on the warm glass window.
"Boy trouble?"
I turn my head immediately back to her with wide eyes.
"How'd you know?" I say shocked
My mom laughs to herself still with her eyes on the road.
"I don't know I just guessed because it seems all girls problems have something to do with boys"
"Definitely not true.......ok maybe a little but not completely"I point to her as we both laugh.
My smile goes away as I think about why he didn't at least like it.Oh my god Emma are you really freaking out over a boy not liking your picture.Maybe his phone died or something.
My mom pulls up into the schools parking lot and before I hop out I give my mom a huge hug.
"Byeeee" I wave and turn back around making my two hands tug on my back pack straps.I smile faintly as I look around for Hannah.Not until I see her and Monty?? Talking ? Smiling?
Hannah catches me with her eye and says something to Monty with a smile and runs towards me.
My face still confused than ever I couldn't even figure out what I was going to say.

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!" She screams to me jumping up and down.Before I even got to ask she jumps holding my hands and says "MONTGOMERY...THE MONTGOMERY DE LA CRUZ ASKED ME OUT.AHHHH!!!" She says so loud I'm surprised he didn't hear from all the way down here.
"Really?!" I try to act surprised and happy."YES OMG" She smiles so bright.
"But I thought you didn't like Monty and his you know.....his little crew."
"I don't" Hannah says which sort of gives me a bit of relief.
"But it turns out,Monty really isn't that bad of a guy like all the other jocks." She says it so happily.Wow.Ive never seen her this happy before.She stares at me with a confused face as her smile drifts away.i realized I hadn't said anything in a couple seconds which was kindve awkward.
"Uhhh.... so what'd you say?"
"Yes duh" she says and hit my shoulder
"Right." I say with a fake smile
"What's wrong?" she says looking concerned
"Oh..nothing I'm just really happy for you oh my god!!" I jump up and down like how she just did 5 minutes ago.She started smiling and took my hand to walk up the steps inside the school.

If he made her happy,I'm happy.She was never this happy before.If I have to give up Monty for Hannah,I'd do it any day.I just don't know how I'm gonna conceal my feelings for him.I mean I can't tell her.Obvioulsy.She thinks I like Jeff! Oh man this is gonna be a longgg day.

Before I go in I turn around and see Monty staring at me.Not like he just casually looked at me.Like his gaze has been on mine forever.It was like the world was in slow motion.It felt like we were both looking at eachother for eternity.Before I new it I was already dragged into the doors by Hannah's grip and I almost trip on the squeaky tiles rubbing against the bottom of my shoe.

A/n : Monty POV next later today