Chapter 2

LEA'S POV

I woke up to an empty bed and sighed. My head was done thumping and the pain was gone. I don't know why the pack doctor wanted me to be on bed rest since I was perfectly fine, and since my wolf was now out, I was able to heal faster. I rolld out of bed and went downstairs.

Everything was really quiet and when I entered the kitchen, no one was in it like most days. I furrowed my eyebows together, and turned around to head to the living room to watch TV. I might as well be super lazy if I was going to be forced to stay out of action.

No one was on the first floor, and I grew extra curious. Where the hell is everyone?

Outside there was a squeal and I instantly rushed over to the back door and opened it up. Everyone was walking around, busying with all sorts of things. A wind caught and I shivered, looking down to notice how I was only wearing one of Bretton's shirts.

How embarrassing!

There was a growl at the bottom of the porch steps and Bretton flew up the stairs, blocking me from everyone. "Don't wear such revealing clothing in front of everyone." He said in my ear a little irritated, before bringing me into the house. "That is for my eyes only."

I blushed, before lookingup at him. "Why is everyone outside but me? I feel left out." I cried, turning around to add effect. "I don't get it...." I smirked evilly as Bretton whined behind me, but got rid of it when he twirled me around to replace it with a sad face.

"Baby... don't feel left out. Don't worry, it'll be fine." Bretton soothed, bringing me into his arms. At thst point I couldn't handle it anymore and I let out a chuckle, and then full out laughter.

Bretton looked at me a little annoyed, and he sighed. "It's okay, I don't feel left out. I just felt like messin' with you." I giggled, before turning around to head upstairs. "I'll be down in a minute." I called at Bretton.

"Actually, can you stay in here?" Bretton asked, and I spun around to look at him a little surprised. "Please?"

I let out a loud, frustrated cry and run up the stairs. "It's so boring in here without anyone!" I slammed the door closed and jumped onto the bed.

I wonder what they're planning and why I can't get in on it.

****

I finish the fifth episode of Spongebob, a carton of icecream in hand. We were always stocked high on icecream since all the boys, mostly Braxton, ate it all the time. I was dressed in sweatpants and a white tanktop.

"Looks like you're having fun." A voice on my right said and I looked to see Kia. A wide smile spread on my face as she went to plop beside me on the couch. "How you been?"

I completely ignored her question and turned to her, pausing Spongebob. "Tell me whats going on outside." I whined, eating a spoonful of icecream.

"Hmm." She tapped her chin. "No."

I groaned, leaning into the couch. "Whatever. I'll ask one of the girls." I unpaused the show and tuned Kia out before continuing watching.

"The girls are in on it too, so you won't get far from getting it out of them. Or anybody at that." Kia told me, and the dread increases. Everyone in the whole entire pack knew except for me?

"The whole pack know except for me." I said, repeating my question in my head, but as a statement since I already, of course, knew the answer.

"Yup." Kia says, popping the 'p', and I push her shoulder.

"You guys are such sucky pants." I complained, falling back onto the couch, and grabbed a pillow, pulling it to my chest. "I really really want to know!" I yelled at her, my voice slightly muffled from the pillow.

"You will in a few hours... or minutes... or days... or weeks... or months, or even years!" Kia exclaimed, teasing, throwing her hands in the air for added effect. 

"Don't even talk to me like that!" I told her, and unpaused Spongebob after getting up from my down position on the couch. I completely ignorned her, getting myself consumed in the show once again. I was frustraited at everyone, so I decided that I would take my anger out on eating icecream and watching Spongebob. 

******

Hands wound around my shoulders, and I groaned, knowing who it was. "Bretton, I'm not in the mood." I was still in a pouty mood since being left out on everything.

"Oh come on, just a an hour left and then you'll see." Bretton kissed my temple before jumping over the top of the couch to sit beside me. "We just have to tidy everything up and it'll be find and then you'll see it and then you won't be mad anymore." 

I leaned into Bretton's side, lifting his hand up to kiss it. Sighing, I looked up to him with puppy dog eyes. "Why not a half hour?" 

Bretton looked at me for a few minutes, before sighing. "I'll see what I can do." He kissed me quickly before exited the living room. 

I jumped up in a victory dance after making sure the coast was clear.

******

"Okay, don't open your eyes yet." Bretton said, keeping his hands tightly over my eyes. 

"I can't really open them when they're held shut." I said, giggling a little. He was leading me out of the living room, and opening the back door. I couldn't hear anything but the wind, and it slightly irritated me. 

"Okay don't open your eyes." He said again, releasing his hands and I hear him run down the porch steps. "Just a moment." Bretton told me, before I heard him quietly grunt.

There was a few murmurs, and whispers, until Bretton said, "open yours eyes!"

My eyes immediatly flew open, and they widened. 

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled, all filling the back yard. "Happy eighteenth birthday!" Everthing was covered with balloons, and streamers, and tables were all set up and decorated. I instantly felt bad for whining. They put a lot of work into it.

I frowned, "how'd you know it was my birthday?" 

"Of course I'd find out. You never told me. And I didn't like how you never told me." Bretton said, running up the steps beside me. "Why?"

I looked at my bare feet. "I didn't want to feel self centered." It was idiotic, yes, to think like that. But at the time, I didnt want to tell because of that reason, and I guess over the time I just had forgotten, with what had all been happening, anyways.

"What?" Someone yelled from the crowd, and I looked up. 

"Well..." I said, trailing off.

Bretton hugged me. "It's okay. Lets not dwell, and lets party!" He yelled, making me and the pack laugh.