Chapter 3

I laughed, following my friends down the hallway. The party was over, and we had cleaned it all up. We were all tired, and wanted to just sit down and rest.

Carly, Sally, Tina, and Micheal had decided that we needed to have a movie-thon after the party. My birthday was pretty fun, and when it was time for cake, two guys pulled out a huge wedding-type one with a howling wolf on top. I was kind of annoyed at Bretton at getting it, but then all he said was, "it was all the girls's idea." And I could never be mad at the girls for too long, since they did such a good job at decorating and organizing my birthday.

Bretton was back in his office right when the party was over and getting busy with the whole Derek and Primus situation. I still can't believe I trusted Primus. Well, I guess everyone did. He was a really good liar.

"What are you thinking about?" Micheal asked me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. His face was filled with worry, and I sighed. I shouldn't be ruining everyone's night. "You look down."

"Nothing." I said quickly, forcing a smile. Just that thought had ruined my afternoon in less than a second. But I tried pushing it away, because today was about ignoring everything before there will be no more time for fun for awhile. "So what movie are we going to watch first?"

"Before we pick a movie," Carly said, walking over to us and removing Micheal's arm from around my shoulder. "Let's know who's mate is who's." 

Rolling my eyes, I walk away a little jealous as they start to snog. I really wanted Bretton to join us, and have him by my side. We never have alone time anymore. He's alone in his office, and I'm tossing and turning in my bed until he comes to bed too tired to do anything. "Okay, guys. Let's get movie watching." 

Sally and Tina are already on the couch, and Dennis had decided to join too, and I quickly looked away once he decided it was a good idea to make-out with Sally on the couch. I was surprised he'd decided to join, since the death of his sister. He was really depressed, and out of touch with everyone. 

"Glad you decided to join, Dennis." I said, smiling at him. 

He nodded with a real smile, but I still saw a flicker of sadness in his eyes, making me sigh.

Tina and I were the only one without our mates for the movie-thon, except she doesn't know who's hers is yet. 

I grabbed the TV remote and turned on Netlfix, sitting down next to the girls. "Hey boys, to refrain from any sexual... ideas through the movie-thon I suggest you go sit on the other couch." I said, and the girls agreed.

As we all got blankets and pillows stacked up around us, I looked through the Children & Family movies. 

"I didn't know the movie-thon would be G rated." Micheal whined, throwing his head back and groaning. "We should watch some horror movies."

"The point of a movie-thon is watching a lot of movies," I explained. "So, we will all choose a movie to watch. I have the remote, so I choose first." I looked at the screen and hummed until picking the movie. "And we'll watch The Nut Job."

The girls all giggled while the boys all groaned. It was a cliche move from both genders, but the three of us had watched this movie awhile back and kind of liked it. 

***

I opened my eyes, and looked around at everyone sleeping. I had been sweating like crazy, so I crawled out of the net of blankets and exited the living room, being as quiet as I could. The air hit me, making me shiver.

Entering the kitchen, I made myself a glass of milk with chocolate syrup mixed in it. My stomach was swarmed with butterflies, and my hands were shaking from nervousness. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't shifted in a couple weeks, but I still couldn't help but be on edge. Especially with this war going on. I guess I could call it a war, since we're fighting. But its more like war waves, since its not full on until the other side backs out and loses.