Chapter 4

Red is on the side there ;;;)))) >>>>>>

Going downstairs into the cells was one of the things I dreaded most. It was awful down there, and it hurt seeing people sitting in such filth. Yes, they did cause harm, but no one should suffer like that for years and years and then die by the hands of a pack member, or from being too weak. 

Bretton was out on patrol with Chris, and I forced Micheal to go out with his mate and do something romantic and nice. The only people down there would be the people in cells and the pack members looking after them. 

I walked past each cell in a hurry, looking forward. I knew he'd be somewhere in the special cells where Primus was at. But it took me by surprise when someone called me from behind. "Luna." I looked behind me and there was Red, sitting in one of the small cells. "How nice of you to visit."

I ignored him and crouched in front of the bars. "Could you tell me why you were outside my house yesterday?" 

"I'm great, thanks for asking." Red scoffed, folding his arms across his chest. "And maybe I was out for a little stroll, getting some fresh air."

"We both know that's not true." I said, getting irritated already. "Can you please just tell me why you're here?" 

He sighed, getting up from his spot from his cot and knelt in front of the bars, his face a foot away from mine. "And why should I tell you?" Red's eyes narrowed slightly, testing me. "You're the one who attacked me, I shouldn't be here."

"You were on our  territory. Pretty deep into it, too." My eyes narrowed also, and my wolf was starting to get irritated also. "It kind of seems like you were sent here from Derek."

Red lightly laughed. "And if I was, you'd already be dead." 

I growled under my breath. "You're impossible." Getting up from my position on the ground, I started to stalk away. "Why do I even try?" I mumbled to myself, running my hands through my hair.

"Well shouldn't you be happy that you aren't dead right now?" Red called after my retreating figure, but I left anyways.

***

 I made my way up the staircase, and stopped right outside Tina's door. She had kind of locked herself inside her room right after cleaning up the kitchen last night. 

Knocking on the door, I said, "hey, Tina. Can I come in?" 

"Yeah.. of course." Tina's slightly muffled voice said from inside, and I opened the door, jumping onto the bed beside her. She was wrapped up in her comforter, head resting on a pillow, and something was clearly bothering her. "Hi." Tina mumbled, glancing up at me, before letting her head fall back onto the pillow.

"What's up?" I asked, leaning my head down a foot away from hers, leaning on my side. "Something is wrong, and I don't want you to be upset."

"I dunno. Is Red still locked up in the cells?" Tina asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows. 

I nodded to her, my face still scrunched in confusion. "Why?"

A little too quickly, Tina shook her head. "No reason."

"Wait...." I sat up quickly and Tina followed. "Are... is he..?" What if Red was Tina's mate? That would make a lot of trouble for the pack, especially since Bretton hasn't a liking for him at all. 

Tina covered her face with her hands and groaned. "I don't know, the signs he is are popping up. I just wonder if he feels them too."

"Of course he does." I leaned forward and rested my hand on her shoulder. "I just wonder what he is..."