Chapter 5

Ditching breakfast, I went into Bretton's office. He was sitting down in his chair, face shoved in papers. I always did wonder what he was always working on when he was in here. Lightly tapping my knuckles on the door, I said, "hey, Bretton. I was wondering if you wanted to take a look at the notes today." 

My mind was buzzing in what could possibly be on those papers. They were small, but whatever was written on them must have been pretty important. Especially for Derek and Primus.

His eyes flickered with something unfamiliar, "yeah, sure, hun." Bretton got up and walked towards me, placing a quick kiss on my temple before going to a cabinet in the corner of the room. 

It was locked, of course, and once he got it open, Bretton pulled out the familiar small book. It was worn and brown, and my fingers were itching to run along it. "Can I see?" I asked, and Bretton handed it to me.

I sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk as he sat behind it. At first I was scared sick of opening it. We had waited so long to open it up and look, and now I was able to. Yet I couldn't get my self to open it. 

After a couple more minutes, with Bretton patiently waiting, I opened it up with shaky fingers. 

The first page was blank, except for a date and place written in ink smack dab in the middle. 1975 Black Dedric. "Dedric?" I asked, the word unfamiliar. I had never heard of that word before, and when I looked up to Bretton, he looked just as confused.

"Continue," he spoke, now eager to find out what else lay on the pages.

I turned the page, reading aloud, "in times like this I usually wouldn't find myself writing on a piece of paper. But now I am sitting down in the dining room with a glass of wine  and letting my mind go. Races are at war with one another and I wouldn't mind usually, except for the fact that my son had happened to become mates with one.

"Her name is Elizabeth Junos. Maybe people have happened to hear of her if they were familiar with the werewolf race. Last night he had snuck out and I haven't heard of him since. I am afraid that he had been slaughtered."

Bretton had raised his finger to hush me and he furrowed his eyebrows, "this is a diary."

"Maybe he says something that they want." I suggested, tearing my eyes away from the paper. 

"That'll take hours of reading, look how thick this is and how little his hand writing is." Bretton said, rubbing his hands across his face. "We don't have time to find out what it is that is so important."

"Maybe I should just take this up to the room and read it, you just continue on with your work." I sighed, getting up from the seat. "I don't have anything else to get done today, so I might as well."

Bretton slowly nodded, and I rushed out of the room, impatient to get back to reading. 

***

I closed the book and fell down on the bed. It was now midnight and I had gotten half way through, and all I had been reading was journal entries. It was fascinating, yes, but I needed answers. 

I need to visit Mona Deli.

End of entry.

Who is she? I thought, getting up from my bed and grabbing my laptop. I searched up Mona Deli, and Wikipedia came up. 

Mona Deli is a fictional character who was a famous Faerie, starring in the all famous book, Dead and Doom written in the 1900's. She was a villain, casting evil spells on innocent people who she thought was possessed by her husband. 

When given an object dear to your heart, she will tell you the future of anyone you wish to say. There is a monument of her in Turkey, and on the first Monday of December, people will visit it and place black, dead roses around her feet.

I closed my laptop and sighed. A fictional character? Another dead end, and I was left stumped. 

Why would he write down her name, when it was just a character in a book? I just shook my head and placed the journal underneath the matress and decided to continue reading tomorrow.

B

L

A

M

E

S

C

H

O

O

L

For the SUPPPPERRRR LATE UPDATE AND THE SHORTNESS OF IT. IT WAS HORRIBLE FILLER AND YEAH SORRY. D: 

I PROMISE TO UPDATE TOMORROW OR TUESDAY. TUESDAY TOPS KK?

So they finally got around to looking at the 'notes' or journal. yeah, things are probably pretty freaking confusing right now, but i hopefully will end up clearing everything up. Mona Deli is not real. Dedric is 'people's leader' hint hint not really, and everything else i ended up writng is more than likely not real. ok? ok

so yeah

if you enjoyed, you know what to do

byeee