[p] How You Meet - Peter Hale

First Person

    My feet carry me into the small cafe that I visit everyday, the one that smells like cinnamon and is nice and warm inside. The one that nobody really visited, but enough visitors that the cafe could stay in business. My dad's friend owns the cafe, which earns me a discount every time I visit. I have my own special seat in the very back , where I usually sit with a hot chocolate and a good book. I work here on the weekdays, but considering it's Saturday, I'm off. 

  Once I spot my booth, I see a man with his back turned to me, sitting in my seat, muttering about how he'll always be the alpha. How can I hear him from this far away you ask? Well, I'm a werewolf. An alpha to be exact. You may be thinking that werewolves don't exist, but they do. Trust me, I'm not crazy, otherwise I'd currently be in the nuthouse right now. I stroll up to the booth and sit across from the man who's glaring at the table angrily, still muttering about how he's the alpha. 

  "Let me guess, angry former alpha who's in denial now that he's not the alpha anymore." I say with a grin, his body jumping in fright, not realizing I had sat across from him. He now turns his glare on me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. "Sorry, you were mumbling." I mumble, glancing away from his cold glare that burns through my soul. 

  "Why are sitting with me?" He asks. 

  "Well, I usually sit here everyday, so..." Trailing off, I now stare into his blue eyes, making him the uncomfortable one this time. "How'd you lose your alpha rank?" 

  "My nephew's little bitches burned me alive, then my nephew slashed my throat." He says, me now becoming very confused as he sits in front of me. Is this like some alpha ability I'm just now possessing? The ability to see ghosts?

  "Sounds painful, especially the burning alive part." I say casually. 

  "It is, but considering I've been burned alive twice, I guess you could say I'm use to it." 

  I laugh slightly, which surprisingly results in a smile from him. He stares at me a few seconds before I cough and snap him out of it. I hate when people stare at me, it's so uncomfortable. "So what's your name angry dude." 

  "What's yours?"

 "Um, no you can't do that, I asked you first." He smiles again. Oh gosh I'm on a role in making him smile today. "Fine, it's Y/N."

 "Peter, Peter Hale." This time I smile, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.