Finding Philoctetes

My POV:
Walking through the temple, everything around us gleamed in the moonlight, making me look in awe of the place. I have been here only once before, back when I was a little girl, and my parents were there, praying to Zeus about a good harvest. Before we left, I told them about who I really was and where I came from, but they seemed to have known, how, I don't know, but they kept it a secret for me, which I am thankful for.

Shaking my head from the memory, I look over at Hercules, smiling softly at his excitement with a bit of nervousness, thinking to myself, 'Soon, Hercules... Soon you will know who you truly are, and maybe... Maybe I might get my answers I have been searching for.'

I scratch my head, sighing softly as I look around, not noticing that Hercules was watching me. We both look forward to the giant statue of Zeus sitting in a giant throne, making me gulp slightly, feeling Hercules's hand in mine, keeping me calm. I smile softly at him, getting a smile in return before we both bend down, his hand never leaving mine once, causing me to blush.

Hercules spoke up, saying, "Oh mighty Zeus, please, hear me and answer my prayer. I need to know: Who am I? Wh-where do I belong?" I spoke up after him, saying softly, "Please, Mighty Zeus. Please answer our prayers.... Why am I here? What am I destined for? How can I find my way back home?" I spoke the last part in a whisper, not wanting Hercules to hear it.

Then, as I finish my prayer, the fires are lit, making Herc and I duck, looking up at the Zeus statue, seeing it start to move! 'Oh my.... Gods! This is actually cooler in person!!' I thought to myself, seeing Zeus open his eyes, smiling down at us, Hercules getting up, staring at him, pulling me up beside him. "My boy... My little Hercules..." Zeus said, reaching out towards us, making the both of us scream, trying to get away, but he picked us up in both hands.

I heard Zeus say to Hercules as he was trying and failing to attempt an escape, "Hey, hey, hey, hold on kiddo! What's your hurry? After all these years, this is the kind of 'Hello' to give your father?" Knowing that I had to play along, I look over at Hercules, shock on both our faces, and we said at the same time, "F-F-Father?!"

Zeus's voice then boomed to Herc, "Didn't know you had a famous father, did you? Well, Surprise!!!" Which causes our hair to go back, well, Herc's while some of mine does. Zeus then looks over to me, saying, "Ahh.... Brandi! It's nice to see you, dear. It's good that my son has a friend like you." As I sigh softly with a smile, he turned to Hercules with a huge smile and booms, "Look at how you've grown. Why, you've got your mother's eyes... And my strong chin. Hah!!!"

Hercules was just silent, looking at Zeus then over at me wide eyed, then he said, "I don't understand. If you're my father, that would make me a --" With me and Zeus cutting in, saying calming, "A god." I look over at Hercules, seeing him look at me in surprise then, heard him say, "A god. A god!" Zeus looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, Brandi, I understand you want to know why you were brought here, but I can't tell you the answer, you will have to find out for yourself."

I looked at him, with confusion and sadness on my face, while Hercules looked at me with confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?!" I asked Zeus angrily, feeling Hercules take my hand, instantly calming me down, hearing Zeus explain, "You will find out in due time, Brandi, in due time. Just trust in me."