Life without her

Mi young's POV

Morning.

I'm ready to go to school. Not really. I was looking at myself in the mirror, I have puffed eyes and dark shade below it.

I didn't get enough sleep last night.

I didn't sleep at all.

I cried all night but I managed to finish the book review and answered all questions. I put the fifteen pages of it in a folder. I did and finished it because I don't wanna work with Minho. I can't stand him.

But it's also my fault because I didn't do anything to stop him and protect my best friend. I don't know what possessed me that time and I regret it.

I cried because I might lose my best friend because of what I acted yesterday.

I love Taeyeon.

I love her like the way she loves me.

More than best friend.

I love her romantically as my lover and it's clear to me but I don't why I can't say it.

I don't want to lose Taeyeon, this is what I fear and she's trying to move on without me.

I need to do something but I don't know what it is and maybe she hates me now.

But I hope Taeyeon also can't stand this torture, which she will eventually realize that she misses me as much as I do.

I grabbed my bag and the folder then I ran down. I went to the kitchen and I saw my family. I forced a smile.

"Morning," I greeted.

"Wow, oh my Mi young, you look... Terrible baby," Mom said.

"Are you okay?" Ma asked with her concern voice.

I just nodded.

"She's not, Taeyeon is mad at her because she's being asshole yesterday," Irene bluntly said.

"Language, Irene," Ma warned her.

"Sorry not sorry, it's her fault. Taeyeon was being humiliated because of her but she did nothing," Irene explained.

Mom frowned "What happened?"

Tears escaped my eyes and I wiped it immediately "I need to go now," my voice cracked.

"Wait, you need to eat breakfast," Mom worriedly said.

"I don't wanna eat, gotta go," I rushed out and went inside my car.

I know I'm being rude with them but I can't talk about it. Irene's words stabbed me like a knife.

The truth hurts, I'm an asshole. I deserve this pain.

First class. English.

I was sitting on my respective seat, silently looking at my classmates. Taeyeon wasn't here yet, I hope she won't be absent.

"Good morning Mi young," a familiar voice said. I hate that sound.

Minho sat beside me and sighed "I'm sorry for what I did yesterday."

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to Taeyeon," I firmly said.

"What? To that dyke? No!" He irritably said. He's a jerk, a homophobic jerk.

"She likes you and that dyke is disgusting. She thought you like her too," he shook his head in disbelief.

"I don't like her..."

"Yes I know Mi young," he cockily said.

"Because I love her"

"You love her as best friend right?" He raised his eyebrows.

"None of your business," I threw the folder on his desk. "That's our project I finished it last night. If you want to add more, I'll give you the soft copy so you can edit it."

"But-"

"I don't want to work with you, I hate what you did yesterday. Sorry but I can't stand you," I frankly said.

He just stayed quiet and bowed down.

Then I saw Stephanie entered the classroom with her new colored hair. It was red and from straight to wavy hair.

She was followed by a short haired girl, shoulder length. The girl was wearing vintage shades and black jacket. 

She's a badass.

Wait.

She sat on Taeyeon's seat. How dare that girl?!

I quickly stood up as my chair stumbled down on the floor.

All eyes were on me.

The girl took off her shades. You gotta be kidding me.

Kim Taeyeon.

The badass girl is Taeyeon? I mentally shouted.

I swallowed hard as she stared at me blankly. Her eyes showed nothing but empty. She looked stranger now.

Where is my Tae?

What did I do to her?

I hate myself for this.

Her black jacket... It's the cheerleader's jacket, that means... it belongs to Stephanie.

What now? They're real friends?

"Your old best friend replaced you that quick, she's lucky to be friend with Stephanie," Minho said.

I glared at him and he flinched.

Taeyeon will never replace me! I won't let that happen!

*****