Small Talk

Mi young's POV

I was sitting at the corner of the library away from people. I was hugging my knees while my head on it. I was crying, I know I hurt Taeyeon again.

I don't why I keep denying her, I'm afraid of what people will think. I'm terrified that they won't accept me.

It's hard to come out. I'm well known straight girl here at school. I have my excellent reputation to maintain, it scares me that it will be stained because of my sexuality.

I love a girl but I don't want to label myself, I'm just being me but people have stereotype minds.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, Stephanie was sitting beside me. I heard her sighed heavily.

"I know it's hard for you Mi young. I remember when I came out of the closet. We're just the same." Stephanie said.

I looked up at her with my puffy eyes. Stephanie is also known as straight girl here. She already came out? But we didn't know about it. Maybe she keep it low.

"I know what you're thinking..." She smirked "It's not obvious that I like girls."

I just stared at her wanting to hear her story.

She took another deep breath "I came out during my middle school. First, I was so scared that my family, friends and all people will discriminate and won't accept me but I thought wrong. When people loves you, they will accept the whole you despite of your flaws. They will accept who you are no matter what happen."

I'm coward dumb head! Why Mi young? I thought you're strong? You're the foundation of Taeyeon but you betrayed her. 

You just continue to hurt her.

"I realized that if I keep myself hiding, I won't be happy and I will lose the girl I love. So I chose to come out and confess my feelings for her." She added while smiling.

I frowned, she confessed? But what happened? Where's the girl?

Stephanie gave me a broken smile then she continued "We have the same feelings Mi young, she accepted me but when we graduated in high school... She left me without a word."

"What? B-but why? Where did she go?" I asked

She shook her head "I don't know."

I hissed "She's so stupid to leave you like that." I commented then she giggled.

"Actually, when I look at Taeyeon I always remember her but I don't know. I feel that they're the same. Weird." Stephanie bowed her head as she played her fingers on her lap.

"Mi young?"

I looked intently at her then she looked up at me.

"I know you love Taeyeon, I can see it through your eyes. Don't be afraid to show it to the world. Promise, it will be the best thing that will happen to you. Don't think of others, think of Taeyeon, think about yourself... Your happiness." Damn you Mi young! Don't restrain yourself!

"Because if you keep doing this, you will just hurt two people in the end. You and Taeyeon. Worst is... She will be gone in your life. Can you take that huh?" Stephanie was shaking lightly.

And I'm terrified with the thought of Taeyeon will be gone. 

I need to be brave for her and for myself.

I hugged Stephanie tightly "Thank you Stephanie, I really need that."

"I understand you Mi young... Taeyeon also do but she's hurt." I nodded.

"I know," tears threatened to spill behind my eyes.

I need to fix this mess that I made. 

Taeyeon is mine. No one will gonna date her except me.

Be strong and brave Mi young, you can do this!

Remember what you did before, you became her proctertor.

This is just a piece of cake and get out of the closet!

*****

I have a new book! It's just a shortfic like My Lost Angel but let's see. I need your comments. Check it out! Thank you!