CHAPTER 11

FIRST FAMILY

"You're drowning, Sky. Let me save you."

Nakatingin pa din ako sa mga mata ni Luke. His eyes were so black they were the blackest shade of black I've ever seen.

We were staring into each other's eyes. Black to black. I slowly held out my hand. I needed saving and clearly, I couldn't do it for myself.

I needed someone to save me. I needed Luke to save me. He's the only one who could.

"Please. Don't let me drown." I said almost like a plead.

Hinawakan niya yung kamay ko then slowly pulled me closer to him.

"Come here." My head was now resting on his chest and his arms slowly wrapped around me. I looked up to him and he's looking down at me, and the calmness in his eyes was contagious.

I felt safe all of a sudden. Like no one could ever hurt me right here—in his arms.

***

"Luke?"

Luke was driving at wala akong idea kung saan kami papunta. I was on the shot gun seat. His right hand holding my left hand while his left was on the steering wheel.

"Hm?" He said.

He was still looking straight ahead. That was one of the things that I noticed about Luke. He's so focused when he's driving. Ayaw niyang naaalis yung mga mata niya sa daan.

"Saan tayo papunta?" I asked.

He caressed the back of my hand with his thumb. I felt all of my senses alive.

When it comes to Uno, I melt into liquid. I was just flowing. He was like the sun that melts me. He makes me weak.

When it comes to Luke, I was solidified. He was the breath of fresh air that I desperately needed. He makes me feel strong.

"Malacañang." He simply answered.

Nanlaki naman yung mga mata ko. What are we going to do there? Bigla tuloy akong kinabahan.

"Hala. May dinner ba kayong first family? Ihatid mo nalang ako sa bahay. Okay na ako."

"No. I can't just leave you. Anyway, they're already expecting you."

They?? Expecting?

Kilala ba ako ng family ni Luke? Nalagay ba kami sa news ng hindi ko alam?

"Alam ng family mo na kasama mo ako?" Ang bilis bigla ng tibok ng puso ko.

He gave me a quick look then simply smiled at me.

"Luke. Seryoso kasi. Sa bahay mo nalang ako ibaba." I insisted.

"Ineexpect ka na nila. I already said you're coming with me."

He said it so casually. Na akala mo hindi niya sinabi na mami-meet ko ang first family ngayong gabi. Mami-meet ko ang parents niya. Mami-meet ko ang presidente at ang first lady.