City of Blood

As Marka was walking up the street, he glanced back at the park.  He could see fire, and smoke.  "What the hell is happening?" After a couple hours of walking, he reached the city.  It wasn't any different, there was smoke, fire, and blood.  He grimaced at the sight of dead bodies.  Some mutilated, limbs hanging off, and others, impaled with spear like poles.  Marka looked around, and realized that his parents were still home!  Marka frantically started to sprint, rushing through the streets.  It took him fifteen minutes before he was home.  The house was on fire.  "Crap," he ran up to the door and slammed into it, breaking the door down.  He found that no one was in the house, and that some things were taken.  Marka could only assume that his parents had left and were safe.  "Looks like their okay."

He searched the house, looking for anything that could be of some use to him.  His rifle was still there, and he saw that he had two magazines for it, he also found a machete, matches, a backpack, and a flashlight, he was able to find some batteries for the flashlight, and an old hoodie that his mother had bought him.  Marka put on the hoodie, using the hood to conceal his face, slung the rifle over his back, then put the machete and flashlight in his backpack.  He had to dump the other rifle because it only had three more bullets in the magazine, and his rifle's bullets didn't seem to fit into it.

He took his bike and headed off, into the city.  Marka could still hear bullets roaring through the sky, yet he didn't know where they were coming from.  He suddenly heard a scream.  Marka took off in the direction that the scream had come from.  After a little bit of searching he saw the things, two of them, cornering a boy and a girl.  They looked roughly around the ages of eight or younger.  The things were getting closer to them, Marka saw that they didn't have guns, but they had knives.  Marka got off his bike as quietly as possible, and started to sneak closer to the things.  The girl screamed again and Marka saw that the thing had stabbed the boy.

"Oh shit," he thought.  He could see the things were getting ready to kill the girl, so Marka leaped on top of one.  He stabbed the one in the head, and flung his rifle around and shot the other one.  Marka took his machete out of the one, and looked at the girl.  She was crying and knelt down besides the boy.

"Was that you brother?" Marka asked.

The girl nodded her head and silence filled the air.  He heard something and looked around, he didn't see anything at first but after a second look he saw it.  It was a massive group of the things, all of them looked to not have any guns.  Still, even if he wanted to, he couldn't.  He wouldn't have enough ammo to kill all of them.  "We've got to get out of here." He said to the girl, "what's you name?"

"Skylar." She said,

"Well Skylar we've got to go."

"I don't want to leave my brother."

"We're gonna have to if we want to survive."

"I want my mommy."

Marka looked at the girl.  And thought for a moment.  He knew this girl wasn't going to leave her brother.

"Skylar do you want to die next to your brother?"

She nodded her head.  Marka knew there was only one option.  He didn't want to kill an innocent girl.  So, with a push of his finger, he shot off three bullets.  Marka turned and saw the things were running at him, and he saw some of them with guns.  Marka ran off into a building and up the stairs, and as he looked out the window.  He could see blood.  A whole city of blood.

I know this chapter is short but I just felt like it would be better to end it here.