Grievances

Marka stepped into his new quarters.  It was pretty clean, some science posters were on the walls, with a royal blue blanket covering a king mattress.  "This is bigger than my room back home!" Thought Marka, "but it could use some things to make it feel more at home."  He looked into his backpack and saw some posters that he had crumpled in.  There was a race car poster, an anime poster, from his favorite anime 'Dragon Ball Z' (That poster was special to him because his mom had bought him it when he had spent his summer at Earth.) and a picture of him, his family and. He paused his thought, he cracked a tear, his family, and Christa.  Pretty soon he broke down, weeping.  Someone knocked on his door.  He wiped his eyes and let them in.  "Hey, kid, I'm Gerald.  I'm the Governer's bodyguard, just thought I'd introduce myself."  Marka looked up at him, he was wearing an expensive looking suit, combed wavy hair, and an energetic attitude.  "Nice to meet you," Marka sniffed, "I'm Marka."  Gerald shook his hand, a little too hard.  "Nice to meet you too Marka."  Gerald saw that Marka had something on his mind, and asked him what was wrong.  "It's nothing," Marka said. 

"Come on, you look like you just saw the devil." 

"Maybe I did." Whispered Marka, he was starting to tear up again.  Gerald saw that, so he left the room.  After about twenty minutes, Marka had washed up and gotten his room looking like the old one.  He went out to the battle room and saw that Everyone was crowded around, whispering.  "Whatcha guys working on," He asked.

"Ah Marka," said the governor, "we just found out that the Scorpitcls came from the Jayer galaxy.  We are currently trying to find out what planet the species came from."  

"How did you figure out where they came from?" Questioned Marka.

"Before the Artch was built, we had launched a satellite into space to see what it would look like from up above.  We currently are using that satellite to connect with ISEA's (International Space Exploration Agency, it's basically NASA but just on this planet) telescope the RES-11 to see what galaxies the species came from, we got the DNA of one of the Scorpitcls from the one that had killed Nathen."  There was a brief silence in the room before the governor continued, "once we know what planet the species came from, we will send a missile to that planet, overall destroying it.  The thing is, we need you to get the parts for the missile, as an assassin you need to gather intel, gather items we need, and don't leave a trace.  My team is going to continue to work out clearing other areas.  We will make these designated areas into safe zones for people who have not yet evacuated or are stuck here.  Think you're up for a quick mission right now?"  Asked the governor.  

"I just have one question about the evacuations." 

"Sure, what is it?"

"Why don't we just send ourselves to new planets?"

"Because first of all, that costs money, and two, the species would keep coming, their savages, we need to get rid of them as fast as possible."

Marka nodded, "Is my equipment ready?"

"We were going to give it to you tomorrow, but we just don't know if we'll be able to get these parts again, your gear is in Marie's room, she was making sure everything was okay."

"Alright, but why are these parts so important?" Asked Marka,

"There parts that are running out quickly.  It's used in cars, it's inside the engine, they keep the engine together and running smoothly.  Seeing as most of the cars are being destroyed by the Scorpictils, we need to get them before there are no more usable ones.  See, from what we know about the Scorpictils, they're attracted to cars because they find that they are easy places to breed and lay eggs.  I know this is gross, but we have seen people inside these cars, with eggs in their stomachs.  We will need you to get at least a hundred or so, so we can start making the rocket.  They're fairly small, here's a duffel bag.