Part 4

You put your phone down, and just listen to the constant dings of notifications. It's almost like a song to your ears. But you soon get bored and annoyed of the alerts and turn your instagram notifications off. "Wanna help me unpack, Chica?" She gives you a happy tail wag as a yes.

You walk into the kitchen, as it has the least amount of boxes in it. You only have a few pieces of silverware, plates, bowls, and cups. You don't have any baking things and have very few cooking things too. It stills takes you a decent amount of time to take everything out of it's box and put it in it's new place.

The next step is to drag all the empty boxes to the garage. Chica isn't much of a help. But you get the boxes from the living room and kitchen with ease. You stack the boxes so they don't take up the entire garage. "Hey, it kinda looks like a fort." you say, not sure if you're talking more to yourself or Chica.

A grin grows on your face, ear to ear. You start arranging the boxes into a cardboard kingdom. You make many rooms out of it, taking up half the garage. You even make a space for Chica. "Come on girl." you call, coaxing her into the fort. Eventually she crawls in. you play with Chica in the fort for a long time. So long, that your forget what time it is.

"What did you do? And where's my dog?" you hear someone ask from the garage door. You stick your head out and guiltily smile at him. "Oh hey Mark." "What is this?" "A fort, duh." "Are you three?" he asks. You nod. "It's fun. Come on in." Mark shakes his head. "You have to come in to get Chica." He sighs. "Fine. But only to get Chica."

You see a smile on his face as he kneels down to crawl into your fort. Chica lights up seeing her owner back. "Isn't it fun in here?" you ask. "I gotta admit...it's better than I expected." "I'm the queen of cardboard forts. I shall name our castle, Fort Cardboard!" "Our castle?" "Well Chica and my castle. I guess it can be yours too." Mark laughs. His warm laugh makes you laugh too.