Chapter Nine

"Ugh........"

A hand grabbed Larry's collar,pulling him up."WAKE UP!"

Larry's head flopped back.He moaned.A hand swiftly slapped him across the jaw,nearly making him roll off the back seat of the car.

Sal dragged him out of the car."COME ON,LAR!"

Larry let Sally drag him along in the grass.

Sal kicked the back door open,before grabbed his friend by the back of the shirt,before throwing him down the stairs!

Larry landed on the carpet at the bottom of the wooden stairs,groaning.

"Hi boys"Lisa said,standing in the doorway leading to the sitting room.

"Hey Lisa"Sal said,reaching the bottom of the steps.

"How was the concert?"Lisa asked.

"Awesome!"Sally exclaimed,falling onto Larry's bed.

Lisa stood over her hungover son."What happened to him?"

"Too much to list"Sal managed to answer.Lisa smiled.

"I'll leave you two to yourselves."

She closed the bedroom door after her.

"What time is it?!"Larry asked,peeling his face off the carpet.

"Five in the morning"Sal muttered,hand on his forehead.

"No wonder mom was in her dressing gown"Larry grumbled.

The two just laid down,growling and grumbling.

"Too much drink?"

"Way too much.You were smoking like a chimney last night."

"D'you do anything?"

"Just underage drinking and Marijuana."

"Nice."

*****

Lisa put the remaining flowers in a small vase before placing it in the middle of the table.

Larry laid his head on the table.

Lisa put the huge bouquet of flowers in front of him."Take these up to Miss Rosenberg,please."

"Why?"

"It's her birthday,and God knows she hasn't got many of 'em left.Now go be nice to the old cow."

Grabbing the huge bouquet of colorful flowers,he grimaced as he stood,dragging his feet in the carpet as he left the apartment.

After passing out in the elevator for an undisclosed amount of time,he managed to stumble to Miss Rosenberg's front door and give her the flowers.

Once her dragged his aching body through the front door,Larry collapsed onto the floor,passed out again.

He was woken up several hours later to someone kicking him in the side of the head,and making him role over.

Larry blinked,holding up his eyes to block the blinding yellow light coming from the light bulb.

Ashley Campbell crouched down beside him."You good,bro?"