Chapter Ten (Ending)

The studying children remained quiet.The Spanish teacher walked around the room,head held high,scaring the kids.

Someone put a small piece of paper in Larry's hand.He opened it quietly and quickly skimmed over it.

"Johnson"the Spanish teacher said,slamming Larry's textbook."Care to tell us what's in your note?"

Larry held up the little piece of paper."I love you with all my heart."

No one in the class said a thing.

The Spanish teacher let out a sigh."Carry on,children."

Larry scribbled his reply on the paper,and passed it back.The students continued passing the paper,until it reached it's original sender,Sally.

He opened the now creased note.

"Fisher,read it to the class,please."The Spanish teacher was clearly days away from giving up on everything.

Sal held the note in his hand."I love you with all my butt.I'd say heart,but my butt's bigger."

The class quietly giggled.

"No more note passing"the Spanish teacher said,sitting back at his desk.From under his desk,he took out a bottle of wine.

The bell signalling the end of class rang out.

The children rose from their seats and shoved their textbooks into their bags,and left.

Everyone was incredibly glad that the final class of the day was finished.

Larry and Sal walked out together among the huge crowds of children spilling out of the school.Nobody around even noticed the two boys holding hands.

They began walking away from the school,towards the Addison Apartment Complex,casually chatting.Larry reached into his hoodie pocket to get his cigarettes,instead pulling out a slightly moldy slice of pizza.

"You're not gonna eat that,are you?"Sal asked.

"Maybe"Larry responded,shrugging.

"Larry,don't.Just don't"Sal said,shaking his head.

Larry began eating the moldy pizza.

"You're disgusting"Sal said.He reached his hand into Larry's hoodie pocket and took out the box of cigarettes and the lighter.

"You're not a smoker"Larry said,smirking at him.

"Right.I only smoke on Fridays,like how your mother only takes LSD every Wednesday"Sally replied,lighting a cigarette.He lifted up his mask slightly,and placed it in his mouth.

After more chatting for a few minutes,the two reached the apartment complex.They went through the back entrance,down the steps,and into Larry's room.

The masked teenager sank down into the busted bean bag,eyes glued to his magazine.

Larry erased the line in his sketch book,fixing it to the appropriate place.Man,drawing Sally was hard.

Sal glanced up from his magazine."What are you drawing?"

"Eh,stuff"Larry murmured,erasing another line.

His boyfriend looked back down at his magazine."You decided on college yet?"

Larry tensed,accidentally dragging the tip of his pencil across the page and ripping it.He discarded the page."U-Uh.....yeah..."

"I'm torn between Pre-Med and Forensic Science."

"Never thought you'd do that."

"What did you think,then?"