Freedom

(A/N)

This is the last chapter. 

I just wanted you to be aware of that before starting

°°°

Chapter 9. Freedom

Hoseok was the first to turn around. He didn't want to turn back, he didn't want to see the green haired boy walking away from him because he knew that meant feelings. And he didn't want any feeling to step between him and the cold river.

He saw the bridge in the distance, empty. He could also see his shoes. The path was shorter than he remembered, full of tinny little rocks that drilled in his feet, but Hoseok didn't care. Pain, that was important.

The boy didn't see the policeman, neither blood. He was telling the truth after all. Hoseok saw his shoes on the ground and a broken smile escaped his lips as he got closer to the edge. Then he crawled the railing again and stopped to look at the sun raising turning all the sky orange and pink. This city can be beautiful sometimes... But is not enough.

He couldn't help but looking back knowing that no one was there. Some tiny little part of him still wanted to see Yoongi again. He wanted to see the beauty of this world again even if it was a good memory to die with. Maybe, just maybe, that little part of him wanted to hear him saying the words "don't jump". But he erased the thought and associated it with that fear he read about. The fear of death. It's normal to have doubts, it's a human reaction to fear. He knew he didn't have enough time left to do it because people would wake up soon so he breathed deeply staring at the moving water of the dark river. Even if he wasn't as determinate as he was four hours ago, even if he knew how no pain and no worries could feel like, even if he felt that comfort warming his body to the point all the pain faded away. Even then, he knew he couldn't deal with life anymore. It would be too cruel, completely self-destructive to force himself to go through one more day in that planet.

"I did want to change your mind with that kiss. Am I late?"

"I'm still here, so maybe you aren't"

When Hoseok turned around again he saw the green haired guy with his shoes on his hands. He was smiling, a really beautiful, wide and enchanting smile.

"Why do you want to die?" he asked.

"It's not dying what I really want. But death and freedom are the same for me"

"Then, you have two options. Say goodbye to me and jump, ending with the pain for good. I will stay here and watch over you until the end. The second option is coming with me and risk venturing into some unknown places you may end up hating, or end up loving. Then, I'll do my best to keep you alive"

"Are there waterfalls?"

"Waterfalls? Yeah, there are some"

"Good. In that case, if I feel the need to jump again I would do it in a beautiful place" he smiled. That little piece of his heart from earlier was quickly taking the lead of his thoughts, changing the cold and lifeless emotions for the flooding warmth Yoongi's smile sent to his body.

"So, you're coming? A plane is waiting for your majesty to decide"

"Can you beg a little?" he smirked at Yoongi when he rolled his eyes and shook his head denying the request.

Yoongi stretched out a hand in Hoseok's direction and that gesture was the only thing Hoseok's mind needed to see the door open, the escape he needed so desperately, but in a better way, there was light and not dark in the other side of the door. And it was... beautiful.

Hoseok jumped to the solid ground hurting his feet, but they were so cold and already wounded that he didn't even flick to the pain. Yoongi gave Hoseok the shoes which he put on and then the both stared at each other. "Will you make it weird again?"

"Does this seem normal to you?" Hoseok shook his head. Normal is a useless word. And he turned around to see again the city of fallen angels. The place that broke him and dragged him into the cold and deep darkness that almost drown him. Then he turned to the boy standing in front of him. The one who, without doing anything, made him see the light again. Yoongi made him feel warmth growing in his chest, he made him laugh, smile, and almost cry. All in less than four hours.

"Now you're making it weird looking at me like you're gonna kiss me again" Yoongi said but smiled crossing his arms on his chest.

"Why should I?"

"Why do you answer questions with another question? It's a mechanism of defence, you knew it?"

"That wasn't a question"

"But you will kiss me again" the cocky attitude of Yoongi made Hoseok roll his eyes.

"You liked it that much you take me with you?"

"Maybe... But I still ignore many things about you that I feel curious about. And I don't like not knowing things"

"So, this is for your own good. How selfish of you, little man"

"I would miss you bullying on me. I'm kind of sick of everyone treating me with respect"

"Didn't we have to catch a plane?" Hoseok chuckled.

"We do. So, move before I take that gun out ad point it at you again" Yoongi pointed a direction and they both started walking away from that spot. And Hoseok didn't feel the need to turn around not even once.

"New Zeland is far from here?"

"Far enough for you to forget and for me to remember. This world isn't a dark place. Humans make it seem so"

"Thank you" Hoseok stopped and hugged Yoongi making the other stop talking. He needed to do it, he needed to feel it.

"Don't thank me now. Wait until you know me. You will probably try to throw me from that waterfall instead of jumping yourself" Yoongi whispered and Hoseok chuckled pulling apart. Then he pointed to their back.

"I still can jump, you know?" he raised his eyebrows and Yoongi sighed, grabbed his hand and started walking again.

"Oh, shut up. Now move, freedom is waiting"

________________________________________

I don't know if this is the best way to finish this story, and I really hope it doesn't disappoint you all. 

Thank you for reading this, and for your votes. They make me feel a little more comfortable with my writing, so thank you so much. I hope you liked it and I was able to make it somehow different from the average fanfics

I send you all a big warm hug. Take care and remember: maybe your way out of the routine or the pain will come in the most unexpected ways.