Warm

Chapter 6. Warm

Yoongi stood up and passed by Hoseok's side entering the small living Hoseok. The light was still out but the darkness felt quite comfortable so Hoseok stood up as well and followed the boy turning out the lights from the kitchen. The lamp was illuminating the room enough for him to see what was surrounding him. Now the door was the last place he wanted to go to, instead he run his eyes through the room. Nice, but empty. Hoseok got closer to the table full of paper thrown around with no organization, some of them on the ground under his feet. It was a complete mess, but there was a couple of pictures placed carefully on top of the pile. Old pictures of three children smiling and hugging each other.

"Your siblings?" he asked turning around to the other boy with the picture in his hands.

"Yeah. Their bigger now. Both taller than me" Yoongi whispered, with a light, almost invisible melancholy.

"It's not hard though" Hoseok whispered. Why am I messing around with him?

"Ha ha. Making fun of someone's height is getting old, boy"

"Boy? Like you are much older than me, grandpa"

"Respect your elders, young man"

"Oh shut up, Yoongi" Hoseok grinned leaving the picture back in place. It's funny messing with him, though.

"Well, that escalated quickly. I was scary, remember?" Yoongi pointed at him like holding a gun. "And now you disrespect me"

"Now I know you" Hoseok smirked. "Unless you point me with that gun again you lost your scary part"

"Ouch. You're evil"

Hoseok sighed and rolled his eyes at the badly faked grimace on Yoongi's face. If his last hours in this world would pass with that boy it was worth it.

"The truth hurts, I know" Hoseok tried to stop smiling but it was simply too funny.

"Oh so you're not done yet. Come on, finish me off. Hurt me" Yoongi tried to act hurting, but his laugh was escaping while talking and he lost all his credibility.

"Sorry, but the acting is not your thing. Stick with the robbing" Hoseok said as he walked towards him and sat on the couch beside Yoongi. It felt good to have someone to talk to for once, even if it was just a break from the world. Just a little piece of a dream that for once wasn't a nightmare.

"Beside my brother no one dears to talk to me like that" Yoongi said far away from dropping his smile. It looked like he was actually having fun.

"Good. I'll have to punch you for everyone who didn't dare to"

"Oh, so you'll gonna punch me now? Jeez I've been too soft on you, boy" Yoongi sighed and shook his head in disappointment.

"I'm not gonna punch you" he laughed and poked the boy's arm making him startle. "I'm not an aggressive person. Plus, I like you" he said. Why not? If I'm leaving, I will not lie anymore.

"I'm flattered" he crossed his arms over his chest and Hoseok rolled his eyes again.

"Funny" Hoseok chuckled and let his head fall back, closing his eyes and enjoying Yoongi's little giggle. He found it curious how that little sound could drag him out of the depth of his darkness and shut up the demons.

"Hey, don't just confess to me and shut up!" Yoongi pushed him softly but Hoseok didn't look at him.

"I didn't confess anything! I just say I liked you"

"In our world that's a confession, Einstein"

"Yeah?" He whispered. Funny...

"Pretty much"

"Oh... I guess I did then" he smiled and closed he eyes. Hoseok didn't feel like fighting about it anymore, so he let it be and enjoyed the silence in the room for the next ten minutes. None of them said a word and only the time passing on the clock in the room filled the static image.

"But you seem to be a nice person. So, I'm fine with it" Yoongi talked in the end, and that brought memories to Hoseok's mind. Memories he didn't want to remember because they could bring the warmth in his heart back, and he needed it to be gone for good.

"Thank you. I was... I think. Maybe you won't believe me but once I couldn't stop laughing. People used to tell me that I was annoying, but I didn't care. Then they told me to smile more, that I looked depressed. Funny" he laughed kind of sarcastically and rubbed his eyes "people will never shut up whatever you do".

"That's why I don't have friends. The humans are fool living beings. We just like to make the rest's lives as messy and dark as possible just to feel a little better about our own miserable lives"

"I don't want to do this anymore. I don't feel strong enough to bear another day here"

"You'll jump?"

Hoseok nodded with his eyes closed. He was counting the minutes to go back to that bridge and finally be free. Even though the chat with Yoongi was pleasant, even though the darkness in that place wasn't cold and scary, even if he was able to smile and laugh again, he knew it wasn't more than just a break. A break from his nightmare that would start again with the day light if he didn't hurry and end it all before that.

"You'll run?" he asked as an answer, and they both got quiet, stuck in their own minds. But it was a comfortable silence that kept the demons away from Hoseok. Instead, for the first time in years, he felt in complete peace.

"What time?" he whispered and waited for the answer. But he just heard the other boy's breath and he opened his eyes slightly to see Yoongi falling asleep. He didn't know if waking him up was the best option, but he had no idea when he would have to leave so he shook Yoongi's shoulder slightly making him open his eyes.

"What?" the boy muttered.

"You're falling asleep"

"Oh really? Weird... I didn't sleep much for a week now. You calm me down, it seems"

"I do?" Strange...

"Do you mind if I sleep for an hour or so?" he asked and Hoseok nodded at him. He wasn't sleepy but he didn't want to talk about anything special. The silence was something he really have missed.

Yoongi lied down on the couch resting his head on Hoseok's lap. He closed his eyes and passed out quite fast. Last time Hoseok was so close to another person wasn't pleasant, but all those memories fell apart as the comfortable warmth of Yoongi's body started to transfer to his, calming him down. Hoseok's fingers running through the green, white and blue locks of Yoongi, soft as feathers making it a little addictive to tangle the short locks around his fingers. Hoseok stopped for a second when the boy moved and muttered something, but he continued short after closing his eyes while changing hands from time to time, caressing the boy's head slowly and moving his hair off his forehead. His skin was so soft that it impressed Hoseok at first, then he found it quite nice. It was like silk. He didn't notice at first but then he started to wonder how such a small and apparently fragile boy had survive alone and even won to that cruel world. Looking at how peacefully he was sleeping brought a warm feeling back to his usually cold chest. I wish I could feel like this forever...