Chapter One

We were halfway through the school year when she showed up. A girl who's beautiful brown hair reached her ankles. It was wavy and curly at the same time. She greeted the class with a huge grin. She mostly cover her right eye with her hair. She sat three seats away from me. Her left eye was greener that any emerald, and she stared out the window everyday.

Three months later and I still hadn't talked to her. She never took notes and yet she was top of the class in academics. She was amazingly athletic in P.E, and was an amazing painter. I wanted to talk to her but all I could do was observe from a distance.

"So what's the story behind this girl again?" My sister said as I was laying in bed, "She shows up at you school. You get a little curious and now you're her stalker."

"I'm not stalking her," I said as I sat up, "She's just..."

"Just what? Beautiful."

"Well yeah she's pretty but that's not why-"

"Noah is in love!" She shouted.

"Shut up Kat," I got up from my bed and put my finished homework in my backpack.

Kat continued to tease me until Dad called us out for breakfast. I brought my backpack down with me so I would be ready faster. He made a spinach and tomato omelet. My sister refused to eat the omelet, but ate the fruit and toast like there was no tomorrow. I ate everything that was on my plate and went upstairs to change. The school uniform was basic. Gray pants or shorts for the boys with a white shirt. Some of the boys wore a yellow sweater vest over the shirt. I was one of those boys. I brushed my hair so it parted on left and washed my face. I looked in the mirror and some how my hair was still messy after brushing it. I put on my shoes and left the house with Kat. I walked her to the elementary school area of Blue River Academy.

I walked into my classroom. I looked around, and sat down at my seat in the middle of the room. Her seat was still empty. She showed up later, but what I saw made me anxious. She had two large bandages on her face. One one each cheek in perfect symmetry. It scared me that the bandages were slightly red. How did she get hurt? I thought, Did she fall? Or what? No one else seemed to take notice. She had a few tears in her stockings as well. She had more cuts in the black stocking on her left leg. The one on her right leg had just one large tear with it's purple horizontal stripes over the black. Behind a few of the tares were some more slightly red bandages. I got up to ask what had happened when the bell rang and class started. I decided to wait till lunch to ask her.

Lunch came around and she wasn't anywhere in the cafeteria. I looked for her in the patio and in homeroom but she was nowhere to be found. I gave up and headed to the roof to eat. When I got there she was sitting on a barrel by the fence.